forum

[resolved] OSU!Stable lag after Windows 10 1803 update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Elabar
Is it just me or what
After windows 10 updated to 1803
OSU!stable version(Up to date as of this date) is so lag...
I get around 9ms of delay when playing osu!standard
Pancho
Do you have any frame limiter?.
Serenity Story
Here is how to install my osu and you can refer to reduce the lag
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10863320

If you are using a GeForce graphics card, please install the following (I use the GTX 1050Ti)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h1qCWt ... sp=sharing

Or you can take the following measures to solve the problem.

-Plug in your laptop
-Restart your computer
-Disable Vsync in-game
-Disable Vsync in NVIDIA Control panel
-Disable fullscreen optimizations
-Update or reinstall graphics drivers (both integrated and dedicated)
-Disable programs like "EVGA Precision X" or "MSI Afterburner"
-Disable game DVR and game bar
-Disable or completely close any other program you have running in the background (especially those that put any sort of overlay on the game)

The solution that finally fixed the issue for the person in the thread was to install a slightly outdated version of their Intel graphics drivers
Topic Starter
Elabar

Panchosauriooo wrote:

No,I use unlimited(gameplay).
Used to be smooth experience.
But right after update to windows 10 1803,the lag started

Namii Zero wrote:

If you are using a GeForce graphics card, please install the following (I use the GTX 1050Ti)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h1qCWt9NOv7oaPiJ3D2bLvWCDColCcxy/view?usp=sharing

-Plug in your laptop
-Restart your computer
-Disable Vsync in-game
-Disable or completely close any other program you have running in the background (especially those that put any sort of overlay on the game)

The solution that finally fixed the issue for the person in the thread was to install a slightly outdated version of their Intel graphics drivers

FYI,I am using Ryzen 5,GTX 1060,8GB DDR4
And I have been using the settings you mentioned long long long time ago.
Also,I dont have install OC programs and game DVR is disabled.

And I am using Ryzen CPU,I dont have any integrated graphic.
Serenity Story

Elabar wrote:

Panchosauriooo wrote:

No,I use unlimited(gameplay).
Used to be smooth experience.
But right after update to windows 10 1803,the lag started

Namii Zero wrote:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h1qCWt ... sp=sharing

-Plug in your laptop
-Restart your computer
-Disable Vsync in-game

FYI,I am using Ryzen 5,GTX 1060,8GB DDR4
And I have been using the settings you mentioned long long long time ago.
Also,I dont have install OC programs and game DVR is disabled.

And I am using Ryzen CPU,I dont have any integrated graphic.
setting => game bar => game bar => Select bor: open game bar
setting => game bar => true play => off
Topic Starter
Elabar

Namii Zero wrote:

setting => game bar => game bar => Select bor: open game bar
setting => game bar => true play => off

It is off also.
To make it clear.
I did not modify any settings after windows update. And all the gaming things in Windows 10 is turned off by me from first day I installed win10.
All drivers are installed from official website and the latest.

Check the sample video here.
Notice the cursor is stuttering. FPS is fine, around 2k all the time.
And look at the bottom right corner,the first time I get such delay is right after windows 1803 update.

And I have reassure that this is not my tablet problem.I tried to play with mouse but still having the same problem.(With tablet unplugged)
Serenity Story
go back to windows 1709. It will help you solve problems of better performance
Faolan
I was wondering why my game felt stutterish and i had constant 3.5 (used to be .3) ms frame time all the time no matter the fps (999+ on 1440p/144hz). Ill try rolling back windows update to see if that fixes anything
Topic Starter
Elabar
Workaround for now:
1.Turn off full screen mode
But the input lag is intolerable
Death
Right click on the osu!.exe inside your osu! folder and go to Properties > Compatibility > Disable Fullscreen Optimizations.

If this lag started immediately after the update to Windows 10 1803, then it might actually be a good idea to roll back and see if the lag persists as was suggested earlier. There may be some issue with this new update.
Faolan

Death wrote:

Right click on the osu!.exe inside your osu! folder and go to Properties > Compatibility > Disable Fullscreen Optimizations.

If this lag started immediately after the update to Windows 10 1803, then it might actually be a good idea to roll back and see if the lag persists. There may be some issue with this new update.
I've already had fullscreen optimizations disabled - this did nothing :( tried with it enabled and still nothing.. Also I have W10 Pro 1709 - same problem, hopefully this fixes it for others

edit: I updated video card drivers after uninstalling the previous version and it fixed the issue - I did this last time (a few days ago) and it did not fix it - had to system restore to a week prior, lets see if it comes back again or if its just a coincidence
Death

Faolan wrote:

I've already had fullscreen optimizations disabled - this did nothing :( tried with it enabled and still nothing.. Also I have W10 Pro 1709 - same problem

Have you tried everything else that was listed in this thread? There is quite a bit listed here. Close background programs, reinstall your drivers, perhaps even roll back a version. If you have integrated graphics try running osu! with that to see if it makes a difference.

Nice ninja edit
Faolan

Death wrote:

Faolan wrote:

I've already had fullscreen optimizations disabled - this did nothing :( tried with it enabled and still nothing.. Also I have W10 Pro 1709 - same problem
Have you tried everything else that was listed in this thread? There is quite a bit listed here. Close background programs, reinstall your drivers, perhaps even roll back a version. If you have integrated graphics try running osu! with that to see if it makes a difference.

Nice ninja edit
Sorry about that :P
Yeah I tried everything - Im not even sure if this will permanently fix the issue - it seems to come back after a day or so, I notice that its caused by the extreme loss of fps - when the problem existed I had 400-500 in menu & in game, but now im getting 999/999 menu/game - same problem with unlimited i assume

edit:alright i've got no idea - back to 3.5 constantly with fps @ 400-500 instead of ~900. welp it's back to normal again.. -_-
Topic Starter
Elabar
I have just rolled back to nvdia 391.35.
And then here's the weird result.

Mouse play was totally fine around 0.5ms.
The moment I try with my tablet(HUION H420),the delay rise to 5ms.

Edit:Have just tested with OSU!LAZER.Same result,mouse is fine but tablet cause the lag.

FYI,I am using official tablet driver from HUION website.

Edit2:Problem fixed.
Solution:Turn off Tablet PC support.Below is a picture showing how to turn off if you are using HUION tablet.
Serenity Story

Elabar wrote:

Edit:Have just tested with OSU!LAZER.Same result,mouse is fine but tablet cause the lag.

Solution:Turn off Tablet PC support.Below is a picture showing how to turn off if you are using HUION tablet.

Congratulations :D
KierreKikkeli

Elabar wrote:

Also, fun fact, unless turning "support tablet pc" works, the other way i found was to unplug and replug you'r mouse, or the better yet, hawku drivers, i own the bootleg huion(gaomon 56k) and huion 420, same problem appeared on both of em.
AmyRunes
Try this if your osu! client has input lag after the windows 1803 update.

Updated my lappy to windows ver 1803 ms suddenly raised from 4.3 to 17ms after the update.. i checked my NVIDIA settings and my integrated graphics card. After a few tweaks on my graphics card my issue was fixed.

Here's How...

-Check your integrated graphics card-
(Intel HD Graphics Control Panel)

*Go to 3D>Application Optimal mode>enable

*Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing>off

*Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing>off

*And set your General Settings to performance mode.

-Check your NVIDIA control panel-

*Threaded Optimization>ON
(Mine was turned off after the 1803 windows update... dunno how.) This setting is really important cause it takes advantage of your CPU.

Due to my Thread Optimization was turned off input lag was real.. after i turned it on my osu! was back to normal!

(That's how i fixed my input lag problem.)
If you're still having problems after yu tried this... I recommend that Yu should revert back to 1709 update if you wanted your osu! to be normal again. The windows update 1803 is kinda buggy to osu! rn...
Xiput
I need help
then i download skin my computer don`t let me use skin
Death

KsipuZ wrote:

I need help
then i download skin my computer don`t let me use skin
That is not related to this thread in any way shape or form, please make a new thread for your issue. And please provide more detail in it. As it stands I have no idea what your isseu actually is.