forum

Spring entry: Easter Egg references (2018)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
snowyani2000
This is probably all the references in my spring entry submission. If you're either intimidated or surprised by the length of this post dw.
It's just me try-harding.

Middle-row:
-[Pippi] twirling her hair and looking at towards the sky.
-[Yuzu], holding sorcerer's hat and skates from redesign contest, wearing a red headband in reference
to his backstory featured in osu monthly (halloween edition), (and gomugomu fruit with O3U).
-[Mocha] banging her drums.
-[Pyun] next to her wanting to hold Yuzu's plate (cause she's a good kid unlike other spoilt trash).
-[Maria] crouching, playing her "magic" keys.
-[Kawai cucumber] above Maria's left hand (cause a good friend ["SolaEclipse"] wants to do a camoe).
-[Tama] banging her drums like a Raijin (Japanese lightning god).
-[filsdelama] being a lhama.
-[Alisa] & [Aiko] banging together (heh).
-[Bill Cipher] behind the girls.
-[Ryuuta] & [AgentJ] praising the sun
-[Osu!Tatakae!Ouendan] main characters also praising the sun.
-[Jupiter-chan] being there for [Earth-chan]'s last days on earth?
-[C-Show] from cycle hit beatmap directly above the girls ^.
-[Pippidon] on the far left looking at Pippi (pink/black haired girl)
-[Don] from Taiko no Tatsujin acting all cute near pippidon.
-[DADADADADADADADADADA]s from 2 different beatmap sitting together.
-[MyNameIsJeff], [Kappa], [Pogchamp],and [Feelsgoodman] (all twitch emoj) all engraved like Mount Rushmore, with the idea and emoj being ["Haxor"]'s ("MyNameIsJeff" being his cameo obv').
-[Miraie] and his [Partner] being loli-cops.
-[Vaxei] as chompchomp bacon enjoying (from Pop Team Epic) cooking bacon whist sitting on his stove like mate.

Right-side:
-[Ougi Oshino] from the SHIORI beatmap.
-[FGSky] next to her with a cup of falling water.
-[Hvick225] with all his tablet (drivers) trying to find the right one.
-[Rohulk] holding the "GITGUDSCRUB" sign and looking at best girl.
-[Takagi-san] on the swing eating grapes (to reference a good friend Katsumito who loves grapes and Takagi-san).
-[Orihime Inoue] and [Hatsune Miku] from the Ievan Polkka beatmaps, and Orihime doing the Marge krumping meme.
-[Airman] and [Airman girl] doing a generic romcom act.
-[Lemur]'s from maps "Snow Drive", "No Title, "Kuchizuke Diamond" also all praising the sun.
-[Kiso] from the ILY beatmap and the Kancolle franchise.
-[Aladdin] from ~Anime-ban~ beatmap.
-[Taikonator 3000] wearing the [Taikonator Backpack] from Mocha's character sheet.
-[KwaN Sheep] referencing ["Telic"]'s profile pic (a friend).
-[A random flying duck] suggested by/as ["Mia"] (another friend).
-[NyanCat] above said duck.
-[Flying Tuna] being a flying tuna.

Left-side:
-[Azerite] and [Emilia] chilling in reference to how I drew them "fight" and "make-up" in my past entries. In addition,
"falling tea with ants above him", referencing his attack on ants moment during stream. https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/7efmzc/emilia_dies/
-[Hollow Wings] as her character from her beatmap "Genryuu Kaiko", and wearing surgeon clothing as she is a surgeon
in IRL.
-[Boydoesgaming] above HW, to remind us of that kids shouldn't pretend to be good (and haters shouldn't bully them).
-[Mathi] as her waifu "Eri Kumagai", from the "Ongaku Shoujo" series (falling with the other girls from the same series).
-[FREEDOME DiVE girl] next to them.
-[Cookiezi] & [Totoki] referencing their collab, with their lovely thigh shots (+ panty shot).

Next are very obscure and inside references from my Discord:
-[Mashiro Mitsumine] holding a "pink bluebonnet", an "Indian Paintbrush", and a normal "bluebonnet" (texas flowers) towards an *IRL* pic of osu player [Brendan], who's wearing prison clothing cause that's how IRL work.
-["Chazore"] osu player as a Gudetama fanatic being cool.
-["Hoto Cocoa"] osu player as Cocoa Hoto (from the "Is the Order a Rabbit?" series and beatmaps), and has play misses when pouring cawfee.
-[Mina] from the "TWICE - CHEER UP" beatmap, idea given by a very good friend ["DmS14"]
-[Tomoko Kuroki]s doing the spiderman meme, referencing osu! players "[ Senji ]" & "[Corrupt]".
-[Gon] from HunterxHunter crying from RSI referencing to ["DmS14"]'s profile pic.
-[You Watanabe] above Mashiro making her Yousoro pose (suggested by ["reeder"]).

Upwards:
-[HappyStick] eating a Banana, wearing his bubblebath kneesocks, and holding his arms up like his pic when visiting the "osu! UCI" club. His dog ["Kippen"] being high from peanuts, and his GF ["MissPetrai"] looking shocked.
-[firedigger] next to Totoki on his server plane with other server planes.
-[Peppy] as Jotaro activating his "Stand", [Ephemeral] crying in worry, [Loctav] going towards the exit referencing his leave from the osu! staff, and the money everywhere references osu!'s filthy supporter money.
-[Rafis] & [WubWoofWolf] as animals drinking, referencing their celebration picture after Poland's victory in OWC 2017.
-[Peppy's osu!jet] as a boeing 727 (727 meme), with [900] crossed out (900 nerf), [DON'T FORGET YOU'RE HERE FOREVER] meme with "FOREVER" crossed referencing [rrtyui] indefinite hiatus (:(). The planes engine on fire, referencing how osu! is a chaotic mess of a community and peppy should have never come up with it in the first place so that I wouldn't have to make this entry which would probs never get 1st and make me cryeberytimu knowing that I exchange artistic skills for one whole shitpost collection.

See you next time.
MyAngelSatania
amazing easter eggs and art, cant wait to see your next entry for the summer contest ;D
Topic Starter
snowyani2000

MyAngelSatania wrote:

amazing easter eggs and art, cant wait to see your next entry for the summer contest ;D

;D
Renzu
I really love these kinds of fanart, filled with references, etc.
Nitsches
I actually struggled to search all the dudes even with your help lmao !
Tho, that's a incredible easter-art-egg you did there, love it !
Tanomoshii Nekojou
Whoa.... very nice owo
AyeAries
i though the sheep one was Protastic101
craftboy81
i cant see the miraie reference
Topic Starter
snowyani2000

craftboy81 wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/sU6lwa3
modrei_DELETED
i got little excited when i saw tomoko cuz i have this avatar for years :o

anyways im happy this made it in cos i love your art (and i honestly spend the most time staring on them out of every pic submitted)

keep it up and good job!
craftboy81

snowyani2000 wrote:

craftboy81 wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/sU6lwa3

thanks man
Topic Starter
snowyani2000
~(>.<)~ thanks for appreciation guys xD. I'll try better next contest!
Loslite
awesome
[Shiny]
that's for sure a lot of references, good job! Would be good to see a list of references of your previous fanart entries.

I've always appreciated your entries of the contests you've entered because I really like them (and I personally like the pictures with references and several characters instead of a small group or solo)
Diamond_Cat
You never fail to astound me with your work! It's always brimming with characters and references, and I have major respect for you abilities and your hardwork! You might've seen some of my artwork in past competitions, but your work blows most things out of the water! You should be very proud of yourself, and congratulations on your success! May it continue!
Wild Riko
OMGGGG REFERENCES A LOT BOI, THIS IS SO FCKING AMAZING