forum

[Archived] Weird display glitch with high end pc

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Amaggard
Hi, I have a decent pc with a gtx 1080 graphics card and an i7 cpu, and I have been having strange display problems when playing osu. When I put the framerate at 120, 240 (which is what I normally have it on), or unlimited, the framerate stays at the max no matter what and the ms stays at 4.2 ms, but I notice while playing there is some screen tearing in the middle of the screen, and is especially noticeable when playing taiko. I figured the fix for that would be to put it on V-Sync instead of fps, and it fixes the tearing and the hz stays at 60/60hz (which I have a 60hz tv) but the ms goes up to 17ms. It doesnt look as smooth as 240fps either. Is there a way to fix the screen tearing without using V-Sync?
Fizzly
Same thing here, if you play with a higher framerate cap you will get less delay but more screaen tear, its unavoidable. To reduce it try clicking "reduced dropped frames" in the options and also see whether turning fullscreen mode on/off helps.
Topic Starter
Amaggard

_Limitless_ wrote:

Same thing here, if you play with a higher framerate cap you will get less delay but more screaen tear, its unavoidable. To reduce it try clicking "reduced dropped frames" in the options and also see whether turning fullscreen mode on/off helps.
Thanks for the reply! I tried what you said but unfortunately it didn't help any. Weird thing is that this never happened on my old pc with a gtx 970 in it... but oh well I guess I will just live with the screen tearing. :lol:
Dntm8kmeeatu

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Screen tearing is something people just have to deal with, or take the plunge and use some form of Sync. Running borderless will increase the feeling of input delay due to DWM buffering, but I believe it should eliminate screen tearing at the same time, but not be as harmful as Vsync through computer nonsense magic. Try it out and see for yourself. Normally I wouldn't suggest it, but Taiko / Mania is different.