forum

Optional-to-hit hitcircles?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
were491
https://imgur.com/a/c6jfePN

I know that this would be mainly useless since there is in fact a thing called a harder difficulty, but it would be really fun if you could have glowing or different-colored hitcircles to get you extra points, they would make it a lot more fun to get on top of the leaderboards if you could spam buttons and get on top of leaderboards or in a 2-3 star map have "extra" notes to make it feel liek a 5-star but you would top the leaderboard. They should be a lot harder to hit and smaller than normal hitcircles to make them worth hitting, and would be an option in hitcircles like middleclick to change hitcircle to optional.

I may be able to provide material later to show you what it would look like but idk since I'm new to this game and I don't even know if this is a good idea. Keep in mind, I watch hentai anime.

This could also be used as a mod maybe if Pepp si y can figure out how to do this (e.g. add extra moved notes to make you move your mouse more)

If this is duplicate, sorry I couldn't find anything for "optional hitcircles" or "optional clickcircles" so idk lol.

I have no idea how to play taiko, mania or catch the beat so I don't really know what extra beats would be good as
Sandy Hoey
I do not like this idea very much. When a mapper creates a difficulty, they created the map with a certain flow that follows some aspect of the music, therefore, all notes that they put are necessary. If you add these optional hit notes, they will break the flow of the mapper. You could say that these notes could accent different parts of the song, but those are notes that would appear in harder maps following more complex aspects of the music, so it would just be a copy.
[-Akira-]
i dont like it tbh
Juan_98
This is an interesting idea, but there are so many ways to implement it.
First of all, I figured it would be a distraction for those that just want to pass/FC a map if there were extra circles, and also it might brake the flow as Sandy Hoey said.
So I though about how they do it on taiko, a special note that you could hit pressing both of your keys to get more score, but doesn't affect pp or brakes combo if you just hit it with one key. This was a 5 minute idea tho, I'm sure there is going to be better ones, and I'd love to see something new in this game gameplay-wise, since all the changes that we are getting in osu!lazer are, mostly astethical, interface related and external from gameplay, wich are important and quite amazing, don't get me wrong, is just that I want to feel that I'm playing with new toys, and not with the same ones painted and recovered.
joltypanda
meh
Lusumi
idea would be interesting imo if u had a 150 bpm song with 1/8 bursts for example and u made it that the 1/8's are optional to hit so u could burst 300 bpm for extra points there or 150 bpm without breaking combo
[MTF] Wolfette
I'd like to see this in game. It would open up new possibilities for aspire and such.

Maybe it could be used as well for during spinners in easy diffs. Like you could either play the spinner or play some jumps, with the latter giving more score/pp. Could be interesting
abraker
While this is the work of storyboard wizardry, there are a couple sections of this map (particular the ending jumps) which demonstrate what this would be best used for.