forum

Osu and guitar?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
juanote14
soo, i played osu for a very long time, really nothing like taking myself to the limist, just enjoying the beatmaps. Lately ive been interested in guitar(both acoustic and electric) and played them twice. I have not much problem with strumming and getting the rythm, but i really suck at setting my fingers in the chors. My finger hurt, tire quickly and cant really get good sound. Soo i thought osu mania could help me.
If i play osu mania, just with my fretting hand(the one you use for the chords) 4k obviusly, could it really help me? or im losing my time?
Pls someone with expereience in guitar tell me
[TAS]
I have a bit of guitar experience and I can say it wont help you one bit sorry lol. Guitar and Osu are completely different. Osu mania is a lot like playing the piano expect super condensed. Guitar you have to play on strings and move your fingers not only horizontally but vertically as well. Its like playing the piano to get good at guitar. They are separate instruments and require completely different skills to play masterfully. But with that being said playing (i believe) rock band 3 will probably help you a bit. Cant say its like play the exact copy of a guitar but its the closest thing I have seen to playing a real guitar without actually playing a guitar. It would be like playing this game to get good at piano which is definitely better then nothing but still in the grand scheme of things you would only know near the basic level of how to play the instrument.

So no Osu wont help you with your guitar but that doesn't mean that you cant get good at both!
_SkyFall
Like Shroudborn said it won't help
Chez
I too play the string piano guitar thing.

Playing stuff on like 7k to 8k MIGHT help with finger independence, but I don't think it will be that enough to skip out on actually practicing guitar. On the other hand, playing guitar will help a lot with finger control so you might become some sort of LN god on 7k :^)

But really, playing guitar is how you get better at guitar and playing osu is how you get better at osu.
Bobbias
I dont think mania will do anything at all. Guitar is all about the chord shapes and such. Finger movements are different, and in mania you're just reacting to patternas as they move across the screen.
Synere
When first starting out in 7k, I heard that using the thumb was a big hurdle. It wasn't much of a stretch for me though. My friends thought that this was from my frequent use of percussive techniques in fingerstyle guitar.

so it might work in reverse?