forum

[Archived] osu! weird performance problem, i need help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ErDeiviSupaHot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUx2dIOqdt4&feature=youtu.be

so this has been happening for three months. i thought the cause was lack of space on my computer, i deleted gbs of files and seemed to work, but it lasted 3 days. a month later i tried updating my graphics card drivers (intel hd graphics 4600, i5 (btw it's an integrated one)), but that worked for a week and then back to this problem (uptading the drivers also gave me more input lag for some reason).

now i've come to this point. I don't know what to do anymore. I have no idea what's the cause of this. I've been running osu! for 2+ years, and I hadn't a single problem until 3 months ago.

thanks
Ame_r
A mi también me pasaba esto con mi laptop y honestamente no estoy muy seguro que lo causaba pero me acuerdo que cuando lo formatee se resolvió el problema. También nunca he tenido este problema en PCs con windows 10. Espero que ayude.
Pancho
Has intentado correr osu en modo compatibilidad?. Quizas cerrar algunos programas en el fondo o reinstalar osu! en otra ubicación de tu PC y luego cambiar las canciones de lugar?
Topic Starter
ErDeiviSupaHot

Panchosauriooo wrote:

Has intentado correr osu en modo compatibilidad?. Quizas cerrar algunos programas en el fondo o reinstalar osu! en otra ubicación de tu PC y luego cambiar las canciones de lugar?

modo de compatibilidad: si, no funcionó

cerrar programas en el fondo: si, no funciona

reinstalar osu! en otra ubicacion: no lo he probado, realmente sirve de algo mandarlo a otra ubicacion? no es lo mismo?
Death
I'm assuming you have restarted your computer in the month that this has been occurring, right?

Update/reinstall your audio drivers.
Serenity Story

ErDeiviSupaHot wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUx2dIOqdt4&feature=youtu.be

so this has been happening for three months. i thought the cause was lack of space on my computer, i deleted gbs of files and seemed to work, but it lasted 3 days. a month later i tried updating my graphics card drivers (intel hd graphics 4600, i5 (btw it's an integrated one)), but that worked for a week and then back to this problem (uptading the drivers also gave me more input lag for some reason).

now i've come to this point. I don't know what to do anymore. I have no idea what's the cause of this. I've been running osu! for 2+ years, and I hadn't a single problem until 3 months ago.

thanks

Maybe your computer is experiencing software conflicts, try scanning the virus
beepboopbam
Driver Compatibility? Heavy Processes in the background? Honestly, I don't really know.
Even while integrated graphics back on my laptop I can still get around the same accuracy as how i get in my desktop.
PLixL
have you tried to install "Crystal disk info" a software that gives you information about your HDD or SSD integrity for exemple "good". your lag may be cause by a damaged drive. that happen to me once. also verify that your disk doesn't make any weird sound compare to before like buzz sound

if the drive is not damaged verify in your task manager that the disk does not reach a 100% (if you don't have % try to click on "more detail"); Windows 10 is know to have some performance problem with low end PCs. also, but I doubt about it, it could be your ram that is used at 100% because when it does there's something called "swapping" that like it sound swap non critical information to the main disk that may cause drop in performance.

so i hope that not a drive failure nor a problem with win10 (if you're using it) but if that not a hardware failure you can try to re-install the old intel driver. so wish you luck

crystal disk info can be found here :
https://crystalmark.info/en/download/#CrystalDiskInfo