forum

Cannot add inheriting section in my map Please help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Holland Novak
I am editing a map and want to change the slider velocity of a single slider. Whenever I try to add an inheriting section by either using the command, control,shift,P or manually clicking this option under the timing section, nothing happens. Nothing pops up. What am I doing wrong? I have done this before on other maps but it is not working for this one
Endaris
Could you share a link to the map+difficulty in question?
It's difficult to put a finger on where it hangs without that.
Topic Starter
Holland Novak

Endaris wrote:

Could you share a link to the map+difficulty in question?
It's difficult to put a finger on where it hangs without that.

https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/767560#osu/1613612

Here is the map. I cannot change anything in sections only the entire map. Quite troubling as I cannot add hit sounds at the moment. only to the entire map. Thank you for taking a look! The difficulty "EXPLOSION!!! (Final Draft)" is the one I am currently mapping Meanwhile another map of mine I can do this no problem.
Endaris
Ah well, there's a fairly simple reason.
Your offset is at 1:42:890 which is past the end of the mp3.
An inherited timing sections needs an uninherited section it can inherit the settings from, you cannot create one before the first uninherited section.
Simply set a new uninherited timing section at 00:00:090, delete the other one and you should be good to go.

Have fun mapping ;)
Topic Starter
Holland Novak

Endaris wrote:

Ah well, there's a fairly simple reason.
Your offset is at 1:42:890 which is past the end of the mp3.
An inherited timing sections needs an uninherited section it can inherit the settings from, you cannot create one before the first uninherited section.
Simply set a new uninherited timing section at 00:00:090, delete the other one and you should be good to go.

Have fun mapping ;)

Oh my gosh that makes so much since! the original audio file was long. and I timed it in the middle. Thank you for your help!