forum

Moving up from 4k 3.5* to 4k 4*

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DuiDrinkingBird
So basically I have been trying to play 4* maps, but its a bit too difficult for me and I either get a B or fail. I can get 91%-97% on 3.5* maps but anything around a 4* I normally get 81-92% if I don't fail. Anyone have any tips, should I just stay around the 3.5* until I get 95%+ or just keep practicing 4*? Also, please let me know of good 3.5-4* maps, id like to make a new collection of maps for me to play as I work my way up! Thanks!!

And heres me playing Osu!Mania with my keyboard on fire:
Yyorshire
stars are not a good indicator of difficulty
[TAS]
Someone said this before and I dont remember who (think it was abraker), your probably missing the maps that are in-between your comfort zone and maps that are to hard for you. As Yyorshire said the star rating isnt too good but you can kinda use this to your advantage. You could try and find 3.5* songs that are hard for you to get a good score on/pass and play those since that might be a way to get better. Or find 4* songs that are more like 3.75* songs. Might not make a lot of sense but you will know when you find these songs.

This might be just for me but I'm trying to get my base speed faster (meaning staying completely relaxed and not vibing at all even in the fast sections of a song.) Its working slowly for me but it is working, and you would be actually pretty suprised how easily you can slip into vibing so it helps with control to.

You could also find some patterns like jacks (for me) that are hard for you and play a couple of those songs to cover some/all of your weaknesses.

There is a lot of answers that help this question but none that truly answer it besides playing more. So I'm saying to you what better players then me said to me. Play more :P and see you in the battlefield! I mean game... :D