forum

[Archived] Osu! compatibility mode broke my game.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yoosman1
So I out of nowhere decided to turn on compatibility mode thinking it would help my fps or something, but then the game started to crash after it restarted. I was able to fix that issue and get it running again but now I notice screen tearing in osu! that I've never dealt with in the game before. I don't like using V sync and there's an annoying delay when I use it. I reinstalled osu! and lost a ton of my beatmaps. Now, all my scores are gone and the screen tearing issue hasn't been resolved. All this started to happen once I turned on compatibility mode. I also saved the folder named "songs" from the osu! folder which were filled with a bunch of folders but they don't want to add back to the game. Now compatibility mode is off and I just really need a solution. Can anyone help me fix the screen tearing issue, all my scores getting back, and getting all my old beatmaps back. I really screwed up so much today with the game and I really hope anyone can help me solve these issues. Thanks.
Death
Most scores are saved locally. Because you reinstalled, they are not going to be recoverable. Since you saved your songs, replace the empty Songs folder in your osu! folder with the one you have saved. Hit F5 on the song selection screen if the maps are not appearing.

Screen tearing is most likely unrelated to whatever you did to the game. It was probably always there, you just hadn't noticed it before. Maybe try messing with different frame limiters? Maybe try updating your graphics drivers? Compatibility mode shouldn't make your game crash, so drivers are probably a good thing to check out.