forum

[Proposal - catch][Rule Change]Avoid using red combo color

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
F D Flourite
Proposal: Rule Change

original rule wrote:

Each map must use at least two different combo colours which must not blend in with the map's background/storyboard/video. This is so hit objects are always visible to the player.
to
Each map must use at least two different combo colours which must not blend in with the map's background/storyboard/video/hyperdash outline. This is so hit objects are always visible to the player. More specificly, do not use pure red and colors that are close to make fruits with hyperdash outline distinguishable.

This idea was first came up when I modded a map, in which pure red (255,0,0) was used as combo color. Then I was really hard to testplay it in editor because I disabled my skin and used default one. HDashes were pretty much not noticeable. So I think adding red color into the original rule is necessary, because there is no sense to produce potential extra difficulty by using pure red combo color.

You can see that the red outline is blend into the fruit, which can be a burden reading maps.
Xinnoh
1. There is a black outline on the fruit, I use default and never really noticed this as an issue due to the outline
2. user can disable combo colours if they don't like it, the majority of the time it's only done if colours are too dark
Topic Starter
F D Flourite

Sinnoh wrote:

1. There is a black outline on the fruit, I use default and never really noticed this as an issue due to the outline
2. user can disable combo colours if they don't like it, the majority of the time it's only done if colours are too dark
The same logic can also apply to the original rule:
1. There is a black outline on the fruit, so even though the combo color may blend into the background/mv/storyboard, it's not an issue.
2. user can disable combo colours/set dim to 100% if they don't like it

Basically that's not the truth
pishifat
anything happening with this?
pishifat
ill take that as a no