forum

[Archived] My wacom is dead. What should i do.

posted
Total Posts

What should i buy?

Huion H420
50.00%
Gaomon S56K
50.00%
Total votes: 4
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Hosthan
Yesterday my CTL-490 just died for no reason, (maybe the fact i drag helped a bit).
I don't have enough money to buy the same or a similar model (which are 70+ euros).
I've looked into budget tablets and the main candidates are the Huion H420[and the Gaomon S56K. Both are near the same price.

Problem is, i've heard than in comparison of ultra light wacom pens those tablets have a heavier thing.
I like more the gaomon because of the flexibe stuff is cool but since i drag i think it would break in a matter of days, that wouldn't be a deal. The Huion H420 in the other side is small and since i'm used to a litterally whole area of my dead wacom i would have some trouble with aiming. Rafis or Fils reviews talk fairly well of the Gaomon but for me it seems simply sponsor, meanwhile the H420 is very well spoken without any sponsor at all.

I think i may go for the H420 but i would like to see other's people opinion before. Latency is not really worrying, i'm already used to fairly high input lag (PC's fault, the wacom was just fine).
Full Tablet
How dead is the tablet?

Does the light turn on and get brighter when you put the pean near the surface?

Have you tried another USB cable?

Have you tried restarting the Wacom Professional Service (if you are using official drivers)? (or restarting your PC?)

If you can't get your Wacom tablet to work, the Huion 420 is better than the Gaomon. Use it with these drivers instead of the official ones:
https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver/blob/master/README.md
Topic Starter
Hosthan

Full Tablet wrote:

How dead is the tablet?

Does the light turn on and get brighter when you put the pean near the surface?

Have you tried another USB cable?

Have you tried restarting the Wacom Professional Service (if you are using official drivers)? (or restarting your PC?)

If you can't get your Wacom tablet to work, the Huion 420 is better than the Gaomon. Use it with these drivers instead of the official ones:
https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver/blob/master/README.md

Fully dead, the pc doesn't even detect it.

The light is completely not working, whatever i do, i've tried with 4 usb cables.

I have tried, not helping neither.

Thanks for your opinion, I'm also more likely to choose the H420.
The Law
Topic Starter
Hosthan

- Demon wrote:

try re-installing the tablet drivers [https://www.wacom.com/en/support/product-support/drivers]

if it does not work either, contact the wacom support then
// i would recommend the gaomon, better quality than the h420, for me the h420 is just buggy, that's why i'm using my wacom intuos rn

e:
The light is completely not working, whatever i do, i've tried with 4 usb cables.

did you plugged the usb cable into another port? maybe the port which you used got a malfunction.

Yes I've tried plugging to my laptop for assurance, I don't know if I'm the unluckiest m earth have ever seen but I see people with 7-8 year old tablets, mine wasn't even 1 and a half year :(
dennis-dem
I've seen a Graphics-Tablet comparison and I can remember that the "XP-Pen G430" was quite good.
I've thought about buying it myself after I heard that many Wacom-inuos have an input lag.
(didn't buy it after it can't seem to have input lag)

sincerely, Dennis!
The Law
Alpyne
The XP-Pen G430 is good if you're on a budget. It costs a mere 25 USD. :D
Golbyss

KonZux wrote:

The XP-Pen G430 is good if you're on a budget. It costs a mere 25 USD. :D

i've been looking that model and it seems really little, wouldn't be a better fit the G640? It looks the CTL-490's size.