forum

[Archived] New Players Unable To Make Accounts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SweetMate
CLEAN POST (Copied from discussion)

What happened was I was playing and a friend thought it was really cool so she decided to download it, I helped her with downloading it, installing it, skins ect. Last thing we did was make an account but we got stuck at the part where you need to log into the client to finish making the account.

We tried a few different things like running the repair and completely reinstalling the game but we still got stuck at that point, just wouldn't connect to bancho. We ended up giving up and she played offline for about a week, then she had a friend that she showed and wanted to play with. Her friend was getting stuck at the same part and couldn't connect to bancho. I somehow remembered something about a fallback release and thought we'd try that, but fallback wasn't there so we tried clicking the beta release. When the game patches and restarted, they logged in and it connected to bancho and finished the registration but the client wasn't logging in still. Then we switched back to stable and it all worked fine.

My thought was, since it happened to her friend as well, this might not be an isolated case and it could be preventing new players from joining, so I made this thread hoping some osu!Staff would see it and investigate what could be going on

ORIGINAL POST (Ignore this, just leaving it in here)
Problem Details:

I just had two friends that werent able to complete their account creation because the client wasnt connecting to bancho. We solved the issue by moving into the beta release stream where it did connect and were able to log in once they went back to stable. Just a heads up, I'm pretty sure its not just those two since one lives in AU and the other in USA.

Will osu!staff see this?
bryanpedini
Before posting on help forum check @OsuStatus to make sure that on their part everything's fine! (it was most probably a temporary connection issue with servers and status).
Topic Starter
SweetMate

BJPGVITA wrote:

Before posting on help forum check @OsuStatus to make sure that on their part everything's fine! (it was most probably a temporary connection issue with servers and status).
nope, this happened last week but we gave up on it because we couldnt fix it
bryanpedini

SweetMate wrote:

nope, this happened last week[...]
Has this issue happened again (are you still not able to verify new accounts? By the way, do NOT make second accounts just to try, let someone else join our rythm epic game!).
Topic Starter
SweetMate
What happened was I was playing and a friend thought it was really cool so she decided to download it, I helped her with downloading it, installing it, skins ect. Last thing we did was make an account but we got stuck at the part where you need to log into the client to finish making the account.

We tried a few different things like running the repair and completely reinstalling the game but we still got stuck at that point, just wouldn't connect to bancho. We ended up giving up and she played offline for about a week, then she had a friend that she showed and wanted to play with. Her friend was getting stuck at the same part and couldn't connect to bancho. I somehow remembered something about a fallback release and thought we'd try that, but fallback wasn't there so we tried clicking the beta release. When the game patches and restarted, they logged in and it connected to bancho and finished the registration but the client wasn't logging in still. Then we switched back to stable and it all worked fine.

My thought was, since it happened to her friend as well, this might not be an isolated case and it could be preventing new players from joining, so I made this thread hoping some osu!Staff would see it and investigate what could be going on.
Death
Sounds like a connection issue, not necessarily an issue with creating accounts. Are there any error messages that are being displayed in the bottom right when trying to connect?

Have them make sure osu! is allowed through any firewall or antivirus they have and disable any proxies or VPNs they may have enabled. There is also a possible solution in this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/647666

If they are still having issues connecting, have them switch back to stable and provide their update.log (assuming they still get stuck on the updater). Or have them switch to Cutting Edge and provide the network.log. Both of these files are located inside their osu!\Logs folder.