forum

[Archived] Compatibility Mode broke my Osu! Game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SadThing_old
Problem Details:
I turned on "Compatibility Mode" and now I can't launch osu! on my Mac when it was working perfectly fine before. Can anyone from the osu! team turn it off or is it impossible? I've reinstalled osu! about 7 times.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://imgur.com/a/qIZCk

osu! version: 20180323.2
Topic Starter
SadThing_old
Guys...?
Flanster
Not sure how things are on Mac but you can try holding Shift while opening osu! to display the configuration window and turn of compatibility mode from there.
Topic Starter
SadThing_old

Flanster wrote:

Not sure how things are on Mac but you can try holding Shift while opening osu! to display the configuration window and turn of compatibility mode from there.
Tried doing that, but apparently it doesn't appear to work... Can a mod go in and disable it?
Death
It's a local setting, so no.

Inside your osu! folder is a configuration file named "osu!.pcname.cfg", open that file in a text editor, find the line "CompatibilityContext" and set it equal to 0.
Topic Starter
SadThing_old

Death wrote:

Inside your osu! folder is a configuration file named "osu!.pcname.cfg", open that file in a text editor, find the line "CompatibilityContext" and set it equal to 0.
Can I have screenshots for that? I can't find it.

Also, I'm using Mac.
Flanster

SadThing wrote:

Death wrote:

Can I have screenshots for that? I can't find it.

Also, I'm using Mac.

We're aware as you state it in your initial post.
Try rightclicking on the osu! app icon and "Show package contents", open drive_c folder then osu! folder and you should see the osu!.<username>.cfg file.
Topic Starter
SadThing_old

Flanster wrote:

We're aware as you state it in your initial post.
Try rightclicking on the osu! app icon and "Show package contents", open drive_c folder then osu! folder and you should see the osu!.<username>.cfg file.
The cfg file doesn't appear. I think I might've cleared the session. If this issue cannot be resolved, I guess I cannot praticipate.
Topic Starter
SadThing_old
Looked a second time, nowhere to be found.
Flanster

SadThing wrote:

Can you please provide screenshots?
Topic Starter
SadThing_old

Flanster wrote:

SadThing wrote:

Can you please provide screenshots?
https://imgur.com/a/s5tt8
Death
osu!.apple.cfg is the file you are looking for.
Topic Starter
SadThing_old

Death wrote:

osu!.apple.cfg is the file you are looking for.
Thanks, done that! :D The pop up has disappeared, but now it just doesn't launch.
Topic Starter
SadThing_old
Not only that, but I tried doing this on my Steam, by adding non-games to my Library, to test what happens. The launch pop-up shows up for a split second, but then it closes almost instantly.