forum

[Archived] Double Cursor bug?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PainTensei
Greetings!

lately i had the same problem with my cursor for ages.
The only fix i found was restarting osu, which sucks tbh, because it happends quite a lot.

The problem is that i have (randomly it seems?) 2 cursors at the same time.
The osu-cursor + the normal PC-cursor.

here is a screenshot of the problem.

Sometimes both cursors are in the same place, but (as in the screenshot) sometimes its randomly somewhere else.

All help is appreciated!!

-Pain
Death
This is generally caused by other programs you have running in the background. More specifically, this is most likely due to an overlay you have on the game. Lately, these cursor shenanigans have been caused by Discord's in-game overlay specifically. This happens to be enabled by default and can be disabled in Discord's settings under "Overlay." You may or may not need to restart the game if you have just disabled this.

If by some chance this is not the cause, look into closing other programs you have running in the background. Specifically, any other overlays similar to Discord's, but definitely not limited to just that.
Stanvord
This also happens to me. What I do is alt-tab out of osu and just open the window again. It should fix it.
Doomhammer70
How to avoid this guys plz ?
Death
If you are on Windows 10, try disabling Game bar / Game DVR. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-and-remove-game-bar-windows-10-creators-update

Also there are tons of new posts for this issue, not sure how you managed to find one that is this old.