forum

[Archived] Login problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ry0f3n
Hello everyone,

I know this issue has been adressed loads of times but most of the concerned topics were super old, and this issue only happened to me recently so here I am.

I am having issues to login pretty much every time I try to play. I just enter my password like usual and Bancho won't recognize it. At one point it can eventually work but it asks me to verify my address (I did it about 50 times now...) and when I keep trying to login, I just end up locking my account because it thinks the password is wrong.

It is a really bothersome issue and having played this game for around 4 / 5 years now I don't remember having this problem before...

I tried logging ingame with or without being logged in on the site, doesn't change a thing, instead I just can't login on the site because of the number of attempts.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Death
Make sure you are typing your password in correctly and you are using the correct input language when doing so (in case you have an IME installed). You can type your username and password into a text editor and copy+paste them into the required fields to be absolutely certain. If you continue getting errors regarding your credentials, try changing your password to something else. You should also give these steps a try:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Please try logging out of the game, then logging out of the website, using the new design accessible here https://osu.ppy.sh/home

After logging out of both, please wait a few minutes. Then log back into the website, then into the client.

If that doesn't work, please contact accounts@ppy.sh
Topic Starter
Ry0f3n
Thank you for your answer.

Did all the above and still having the same issue... Now I guess I'm logged in (after re-validating my mail 3 times for some reason) and I can't get the scores to show up. (Scores can't be retrieved error). I guess I'm off contacting the other address you mentionned ugh...
Topic Starter
Ry0f3n
Well I don't know if there is any update on this, but it happened to me again and my IP got blocked because (I guess) I tried to login too many times. Problem is, the password was right, and the client refused to log me in... This is getting really frustrating. And yes I changed the password etc...
Death
If you're still having issues please email accounts@ppy.sh as the bottom of my first post suggests.