forum

Aria is a great anime

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Green Platinum
And nobody will contest me on this because my phenomenal taste in anime is just accepted as a fact.
Husa
Hidan no Aria?

I agree
Topic Starter
Green Platinum
No. The Iyashikei series directed by Junichi Sato Aria.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/477/Aria_The_Animation

Hidan no Aria is worthless
Husa
WUATT..

aria the animation? the originate? well idk... its full of females only as the mains :thonk: where is all the males at? :(
Topic Starter
Green Platinum
There's Albert, Woody, Akatsuki and the Postman.
Husa
supporting characters tho
Topic Starter
Green Platinum
Being an Undine is a female only occupation in Neo-Venezia
Comfy Slippers
Poor man's Haibane Renmei.
Topic Starter
Green Platinum
I think Haibane Renmei has difficulty transitioning from it's beginning to it's conclusion and really feels incomplete.

Whilst Aria's more whimsical slice of life elements serve Akari's maturation as a character much better. Akari's growth is more complete in the conclusion with her adoption of Alicia's mannerisms in addition to her becoming a Prima and her graduation from Cait Sith.
CodeS
Yes, it aged badly tho.
Topic Starter
Green Platinum

Katyusha wrote:

Yes, it aged badly tho.

Anything specific in particular? While obviously visuals and sakuga are often to a series' benefit I don't think it really detracts from Aria. Plus plenty of shows that do receive that benefit nowadays look uglier to me since their world is just not imaginative at all
Comfy Slippers

Green Platinum wrote:

I think Haibane Renmei has difficulty transitioning from it's beginning to it's conclusion and really feels incomplete.

Whilst Aria's more whimsical slice of life elements serve Akari's maturation as a character much better. Akari's growth is more complete in the conclusion with her adoption of Alicia's mannerisms in addition to her becoming a Prima and her graduation from Cait Sith.
It follows the same SOL patterns as HR but it ain't following through as well as HR.

You can't really criticize SOL's by plot and pacing, it's non-existent. Instead, the characters should be the focal point. And, while they do develop, a lot of them are either unbearable (I'm looking at you Athena) and/or time consuming characters. What annoys me is the latter, and in the way they are utilizing them, specifically the president. It's the comic relief character that gets it's own episode, cause 'hur-dur we might as well', right? The show is a standard SOL, so it's episodic. It's good, but many neglect the fact that it's just remaking scenarios we've seen in many other SOLs. Now, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but to me, that's the make or break in defining the show (in this case SOL) as an outstanding one.

Aria is good, but it's far from being the glorious SOL masterpiece, as quasi-elitists make it out to be.
Topic Starter
Green Platinum
I think Athena serves as a perfect juxtaposition to Alice's character I wouldn't change her character at all, I'd just change how much insight we get into her mind. She's too much of an enigma and that puts a dampener on the potential their relationship holds. The cats honestly don't bother me too much but i understand your perspective on them.

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Aria is good, but it's far from being the glorious SOL masterpiece, as quasi-elitists make it out to be.
I actually often find myself in this predicament where I see brilliant aspects in a much beloved series that the fans seem to not pick up upon whilst I am not so enthralled. The same is true for Aria.

I don't even think HR and Aria are that close in style, they are just grouped together on pacing and general temperament.