forum

[Archived] Tried to experiment with styles and areas, can't hit anymore

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JustAlexej
Hello. Recently I've tried just to experiment a little bit with other styles (I know, it's not a good idea, but I play casually and I didn't change anything for a long time + had my reasons). The reason is that when I hold my pen, I unconsciously squeeze it a little bit and after 30-45 minutes I can feel just a little, small uncomfortable pain in my middle finger and also I have a little red mark, more like a small dent from a pen (or I dunno how to explain it, my English is not perfect). So I tried to experiment just a little bit, results didn't satisfy me because I honestly don't like my tablet ctl-471 (because, I think, it doesn't have enough room for a hand in certain styles if I don't want to play with super small area) and I tried to go back to original style and area aaand I can't hit anything anymore. It's just... feels weird, it feels like it's not how I was holding the pen before, even though today I constantly picked it up in the natural, most comfortable position, that was before, still...
Did anyone had the same troubles? Is there something I can do? I just... can't play because of this small frustration, that I cannot hit anymore. I tried change area a little bit, just in case I forgot how it was before and nothing.
I will appreciate any help. Thank you.
Quibbly
The mark on your finger is from, like you said, holding the pen too tight. That comes natural though from people that push hard on paper when they write. I’m left handed and I’ve had a red bump thing on my finger for as long as I can remember. You’ll simply just have to get used to the pain and it’ll soon be unnoticeable. Also what you could do is make sure you’re holding your pen in the most comfortable position. I use tablet and hold the pen in my right hand and when I first started with it I could feel really bad pain where the pen made the most contact since I hold it tight. Over the past month or so I’ve gotten used to it. Hope this helps.