forum

[Archived] Massive Issue with Win 10 Uninstaller & Osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ryukurai
Problem Details: So I just recently got a new PC and was working on installing everything and moving everything over to it; Osu was giving me a little bit of trouble as it kept wanting to install on my primary drive - so I just moved the game and it's associated folders to the drive I wanted it on. After trying to move my folder for maps I noticed it was missing about 2,000 or so different beatmaps so I figured I'd just uninstall it and copy the entire original folder instead, and uninstall osu so as to avoid any potential problems. Well I ran the uninstaller for Osu and apparently when you uninstall osu it doesn't look to remove any specific folders - it just completely uninstalls everything in the base folder it's in (so in this case it uninstalled all my Blizzard/Activation games and my OBS; which was luckily all I had installed on that drive at the time). Luckily it's nothing too major (just a pain of taking time to reinstall everything again). Just wanted to let others know to be careful when uninstalling.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20180323.2 (latest)
bryanpedini
Ryukurai, the "uninstaller" just remove the shortcut in your %APPDATA%/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs folder for the program and then just delete the entire folder it's located in (my Osu! is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Osu! so it would delete that folder)...
Don't use the same folder for two or more programs, use separate as Windows should suggest (at least one thing this OS can do...) ;)