forum

[Proposal] osu!mania Ranking Criteria (whole draft)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Okoratu
Hello and happy April Fools everyone!

actually please dont stop reading this was a terrible joke.

This is the complete Ranking Criteria for the mode as it'd look with the draft applied.
The following points will need more consideration from the get go:
  1. Lower difficulties Rules / Guidelines
Discussion is open until the 6th of April 2018

i do not play mania, please do not address stuff pertaining to the details of this draft to me directly i dont know what half these concepts mean
help!
Topic Starter
Okoratu
This is the current status of debate after they reached a deadlock. They wanted to allow semi-dumps but couldnt come up with criteria for them

idk what any of this means i just remember reading it so i think it's relevant
Pachiru
holy shit it's happening, i'm going to edit the post if i've got some suggestions to give ;)
thanks oko

RC wrote:

Note that Easy difficulties MUST be present in a mapset for it to be rankable. "you start to know how to read and press simple patterns" is the mindset this difficulty follows.
It might be better to add it in the General Rules to have more exposure in my opinion.
Feerum

Okoratu wrote:

This is the current status of debate after they reached a deadlock. They wanted to allow semi-dumps but couldnt come up with criteria for them

Yeah, we have basically talked to allow some kind of "dumps" in Mania but as much as we tried we couldn't come to some proper conclusion to be posted with this here.
This does not mean we dropped the topic!

We will continue talking about it until we finally find some proper way to do so!

Stuff that probably need's some re-wording:
  1. Timing points that produce teleports are permitted [...] -> Inherited Timing points that produce teleports are permitted [...]
Shima Rin
Oh great to see this is finally happening owo)b

Will take my time to go over it and see if I can suggest anything ;)
puxtu
Note that Easy difficulties MUST be present in a mapset for it to be rankable. "you start to know how to read and press simple patterns" is the mindset this difficulty follows.
happy April Fools everyone! \:D/
Mentholzzz
The current raking criteria said that " Single-mode mapsets must include a reasonable spread of at least two difficulties. The lowest difficulty cannot be harder than a Normal and it must comply with its respective mode’s difficulty-specific Ranking Criteria. " Wouldn't it cause a conflict ?
Also if this ranking criteria become real, the 2.00* diffculty rule will be gone , rite ?

Shield: A note which appears shortly after a long-note.
I think it should be either before and after.
Arzenvald
the difficulty specific rule regarding long note usage is somehow "very" restricted, isn't it? Yes LN are difficult to play but to oversimplify things in easy and normal is kinda kinda unfortunate in some way, mostly if the song supports a wilder rhythm, at least for every song slower than 160 bpm rather than 150 bpm
Full Tablet

Okoratu wrote:

Glossary
Inverse: A type of pattern that replaces all regular notes with long notes in a given section. Rather, it is a pattern where blank space in the music is filled with long notes, which have to be released momentarily at the time where you would normally press a regular note.

Trill: FourTwo or more notes that alternate within two columns.

Okoratu wrote:

General Guidelines
Avoid using storyboard sampled hitsounds with similar volume to hitsounds on notes. As storyboarded hitsounds can overwhelm and distort audio feedback from objects in the map, reduced volume should be used in identical samples as hitsounds on objects.
It should mention an exception for keysounded maps, in which the samples are part of the music. Lower difficulties have them as storyboard samples, while higher difficulties have them as hitsounds.

Okoratu wrote:

Beginner Rules
  1. Slider velocity changes that alter the scrolling speed of the map are disallowed. An exception to this rule would be creating slider velocity changes to unify the scroll speed in BPM-variable maps. Scroll normalization is mandatory and must be done in maps with variable BPM.
    To simplify the logic of the ruleset, the last sentence should be made a separate rule before this one, and then the title of this rule should be changed to "Slider velocity changes that do not normalize the scroll speed of the map are disallowed". Same with the rules in Easy since they are the same
  2. Long notes across all columns must have a minimum spacing of 2/1 beats. Long notes are generally difficult for beginners, and as such should only be used sparingly.
    This rule is redundant. since it is not possible to place a LN less than 2/1 beats apart from each other by following the previous rules. Unless you intend to mean that the spacing between LNs should be counted from the release of the first LN, to the start of the second LN (instead of from start of the first to the start of the second one). In that case, I think you should add an exception if the first LN is 4/1 or longer, to keep allowing one of the most common beginner patterns.
Beginner Guidelines
Chords should be placed in a way that the player hits it with only one hand. That way, the player would require less hand coordination and would make the pattern easier to play.
Chords that require the player to hit several notes with the same hand require more coordination than chords where the player mirrors what he is doing with each hand, for the same total amount of notes. I think the guideline should be doing chords of up to 4 notes with hands mirroring each other, or chords of 2 notes with one hand

Hard, Insane and Expert Guidelines

I think, in general, the difference between a "Long term" and "Short term" SV change should be more explicitly defined. The guidelines currently allow long term SV increases of up to x1.1, which is still a significant increase that affects readability; Long-term SVs above x1.0 should be discouraged in the guidelines.
AncuL

Full Tablet wrote:

Trill: FourTwo or more notes that alternate within two columns.

i wouldn't call it a trill tbh

also might want to add polyrhythm to the common terms. and also anchor but it's vague at times

Beginner wrote:

Chords should be placed in a way that the player hits it with only one hand. That way, the player would require less hand coordination and would make the pattern easier to play.
this doesn't really matter

other than that i think it's fine
Caput Mortuum

Beginner Guidelines wrote:

This is debatable. I can hit chords that spread the notes on two hands easier than chords in one hand (i'm new to 7k btw despite being #5k)

Hard Rules wrote:

Do not place any chords in the middle of streams.
Not even on finishers? Should just move to guidelines tbh and

Hard Guidelines wrote:

Mini-jack usage is discouraged, especially on higher BPM. These can be too physically demanding for players of this level.
why is this in guidelines instead? Jacks are way harder to hit for beginners. How about limiting the number of notes to only two in a chord and can only be present every x measure?

Okoratu wrote:

Disallow ghost notes, add maximum number of notes in a chord representing snares/kick/finish, maximum length of jacks
Rivals_7
General
>Rules
Different key amounts within a mapset must be treated as different gamemodes and require a respective independent difficulty spread. Therefore each key amount must have an independent difficulty spread. For example if you want to add a 7K difficulty to your set, you must design a whole 7K spread. If you want to add an additional 4K difficulty to your set, you must also design a whole 4K spread.

You can't use uninherited timing sections when there is no actual BPM changes. In other words, you can't use uninherited timing sections slowly to change the scrolling speed. Use inherited timing sections and SV changes instead.
This seems to be missing completely, and its actually pretty important. is it intentional or the whole draft was meant as an additional to the current one we have?

>Guidelines
Only use breaks when they are necessary, for example an absolute silent period within the song.

You should use at least two different key amounts for your set. It is suggested to make your set more accessible to a wider audience.

Different key amounts within a mapset should have a similiar difficulty spread. This is to keep parity between different key amounts and satisfy different key amount players.
I think these should also be mentioned as well

And dont you think there's should be a guidelines about snapping the SV changes? just so it could be easier to calculate the normalization (since we literally have a ranked map with an SV that ranged in ms)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hard
>Rules
Do not place any chords in the middle of streams.
you're not serious lol. this is actualy the most intuitive thing we have in Hard all the time. I disagree with this

Inverse patterns must not be used. They are a very advanced type of pattern and that they require a lot of coordination to properly execute it.
what if the whole concept of the mapset were built just like that, or it was made by a GD? i mean, there should be a leniency between each map style used by GDs that are prefer using inverse patterns instead of ricey. Maybe move this to guideline instead

I think there's should be a diff-specific rule that mention a limit of note usage that could be used in a same time (especially when mapping higher keymode).
eg: Easy > Do not use more than 2 notes at the same time.

probably more to come if i can think up of smth. else looks kinda ok imo
Xinnoh
Thanks for finally getting around to this 👍

1. "Refer to this thread for alternative difficulty naming methods."
    - use https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Ranking_Cr ... lty_Naming
    you can even edit that wiki entry as needed
Common Terms
  1. Teleport is really unclear, I have no idea what it means from this
  2. Long note - Maybe change the definition to make it clear that it's not the same object as a normal note, imo saying it's the equivalent of a slider would make it easier to understand.
  3. Brackets - Wait so are these chords 13, 24, 13 or 23, 14, 23. Also, "performing it correctly" doesn't exactly sound nice, just remove correctly
  4. iirc shields can also be before an LN?
  5. Jumptrill definition also encompasses split jumptrill, maybe make it clearer it's 12, 34, 12
  6. Hands should probably be next to jumps since they're essentially the same thing, handtrills also apply to 6k, so better to group stuff.
  7. For Roll, "last to the first column" can just be replaced with "vice versa" for simplicity
General
  1. why isn't 10k supported, just asking since it's 100% viable for one person to play.
  2. "while replicating the sound behaviour in a visually appealing way"
    Why does it have to be visually appealing? Making your map look pretty should not be a rule, there are valid circumstances where looking ugly follows the song better
  3. "Take caution as chart readability gets heavily affected"
    Remove the word chart, it's the only time it's used. Also, add chart to the common terms
  4. "Add the style of your beatmap into their tags"
    wat
    why
Difficulty Specific

Easy
  1. "Long notes at the same column" -> "Long notes in the same column"
    - Was unclear what this was asking, in general, replacing "at" with "in" would make more sense
  2. "to ensure that new players have a good experience of clearing the songs they like."
    - this is kinda weird to read, just have "so new players can enjoy clearing the songs they like" or something simpler
  3. "Scroll normalization is mandatory and must be done in maps with variable BPM"
    - Variable bpm =/= Multi-bpm
    - variable bpm is stuff with like, 100 red lines. "Multi-bpm" describes a song with a timing change. This needs to be changed to encompass multi bpm
Hard
  1. HP and OD values should not be higher than 8 to give players get a good experience of clearing songs they like.
    - At this point players are no longer new, they can still clear songs they like on normal difficulty so I don't understand why the second half of the sentence is there.
  2. Do not place any chords in the middle of streams
    - This rule is really dumb, just saying. 1/3 streams with chords are acceptable, especially with lower bpm. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/682665
    Making this a rule creates extreme limitations on mapping for lower bpm and 1/3 songs. This needs to be moved to guidelines, or be bpm dependant similar to how the ctb ranking criteria works for hyperdash snaps, or just be removed completely..
  3. Long notes should not be shorter than 1/4 in length.
    - Again, extremely bpm dependant, see the map I linked before at the start of the chart. 1/6 snapped LNs like this are easy due to the low density at the time.
Expert
  1. Long notes that are into more jazz rhythm should usually have 1/3 or 1/6 releases
    - the term is "swing beat", but that's not even needed. Just say that releases should match the song's rhythm snap

also, why is it not a guideline on insane
This will need to be re-proposed in the same format later since there are going to be a lot of changes
Caput Mortuum

Sinnoh wrote:

General
  1. "Add the style of your beatmap into their tags"
    wat
    why
imo this is good for searching a specific type of patterning. standard should adopt this too.
Virtue-
Beginner difficulties are for players who have absolutely no experience in this game mode whatsoever. This would be recommended for them so they have a starting grasp of playing the game mode and to get themselves used to which key to press for which column.

Difficulties like these are not required for a full, rankable spread. However, they are most certainly recommended for the song to be accessible by new players.
i dont think we need beginner difficulty for some reasons :

1. whats the different between beginner and easy difficulty? i think the gap between isnt too much and what we need in a rankable mapset is an easy difficulty that has been stated before. I know its not a must to put beginner difficulty in our mapset, but its kinda trigged me if anyone put beginner difficulty and easy on his/her map. like, its completely useless because they're both almost the same.

2. im also agree with what Mentholzzz said

if you want to play something more easier than the easy diff in osu mania mapset, you can play convert from osu mapset (it will give you some basics about how to get use to mania)

3. And if its a MUST to put beginner difficulty on the mapset, i think you need to reconsider this again. Lets say that we make an easy and simple song (eg. R3 Music Box) how can you make a beginner difficulty for that song? i mean, easy and normal difficulty is quite enough (you can make it harder tho)

thats all i want to say, please correct me if my argue or the way i thought about it is wrong. thank you!
Shima Rin
Some suggestions

Common Terms
  1. Common terms might have more classified order. For example, when you mention Chords, Hands and Jumps can be mentioned after this since they are basically referring to the same group of patterns.
  2. Also, classification such as "game elements" or "note patterns" can be used to make things more in order, as mania has way complex pattern arrangements than other modes like taiko.
  3. When you mention Mini-jack, why not put Jack too into the terms?
  4. "BPM", "Snappings" can be added to the Common terms, just like osu!taiko RC. Copying from osu!taiko RC:
    BPM: An acronym for “beats per minute” used to determine the tempo of a song.
    Snapping: Timeline tick where an object is placed.
  5. Also agree with Sinnoh that I think shields can be referred to notes before an LN, and actually I always refer to such before rather than after.
  6. "Split rolls" is mentioned in the diff-specific RC but it is not defined in the Common Terms. Go add it.
General
  1. Add the style of your beatmap into their tags.This serves good as a suggestion to the community, but I don't think it is proper to be in the RC. RC should not limit people on the use of tags in my opinion.
  2. Also, another good point to mention about hitsounds is something like "Avoid placing storyboard hitsounds when no notes are present." or "Storyboard hitsounds placed when no notes are present are discouraged."
Diff-specific Criteria
  1. Why is Beginner diff-specific criteria necessary? Go play osu!mania Tutorial if one does not know how to press things in my opinion.
  2. Note that Easy difficulties MUST be present in a mapset for it to be rankable. "you start to know how to read and press simple patterns" is the mindset this difficulty follows.
    Obviously this proposes a conflict with existing RC. I can see that osu!mania Easy diff is somehow harder than other modes, but I don't think for now this thing should be mandatory. Normal satisfies the need of some beginners too. We can make a compromise by make the criteria of normal a bit easier, but I absolutely disagree with this rule.
  3. Do not place any chords in the middle of streams.
    This rule is limiting too much as the difficulty of streams varies when BPM and length of the pattern changes. We might have something in the guideline that "chords in the middle of streams with over X notes is discouraged."
  4. One more thing might be brought to stage is "stacks", when you mention hand balance stuff in Diff-specific Criteria. Add this word to the Common Terms, and may give out some general suggestions like "avoid long-stacks that can actually be assigned to other columns, unless they serve with certain purposes." to criteria for easy, normal, hard.
I am expecting this RC to come true one day. Hopefully we can make an ideal one upon which most of us can agree!
Shoegazer
The ranking criteria does not include any clause about how the layering (or deliberate patterning for that matter, but this is mostly irrelevant) scheme of a chart must be kept consistent unless there is a reason to deviate from the rules of a layering scheme. I have a document on layering if it is necessary, but I would like to see if the absence of such a clause is intentional.

That being said, grammatical errors aside, I do have further reservations with the ranking criteria:

Patterns
Column: Columns are the lines in the editor where the notes get placed. The editor uses 0|1|2|3, but many modders prefer to use 1|2|3|4, which is important for modding in osu!mania. These numbers may vary depending on the beatmap’s keymode.
Slider Velocity: For osu!mania, slider velocity adjusts the speed in which the notes scroll.
Teleports: A note whose motion is quick enough to skip any given location of the playfield instantaneously.
Mini-jack: A small number of consecutive notes in the same column, usually performed at a faster pace compared to surrounding notes.
Stream: A constant supply of notes with the same intervals that do not repeat to create a mini-jack.
Chords: Two or more notes performed at the same time.
Graces: Two or more notes performed in a quick succession.
Long note: A note that must be held and released in succession.
Release: The end of a long note which must be released within a certain timing window to score the entirety of the note properly.
Inverse: A type of pattern that replaces all regular notes with long notes in a given section.
Trill: Four or more notes that alternate within two columns.
Bracket: A pattern that uses alternating fingers to perform it correctly.
Shield: A note which appears shortly after a long-note.
Gluts: A constant supply of chords which do not repeat in all of the same columns.
Jumps: Two notes performed at the same time.
Jumpstream: A stream interlaced with jumps.
Jumptrill: A trill consisting of two alternating jumps.
Split jumptrill: A jumptrill which uses both hands at the same time to perform correctly - i.e two one-handed trills.
Hands: Three notes performed at the same time.
Roll: A variation of a stream consisting of notes that go from the first to the last column or last to the first column, usually done in quick succession.
- Minijack has no hyphen to it, and minijacks refer to 2 consecutive notes on the same column. The minijack itself has a faster "jack" motion than other patterns around it, but its rhythmic density is usually the same compared to other notes in the section.

- The description of "graces" refer to flams. Grace notes refer to the second (and/or) third notes of a flam.

- Trills refer to any set of notes (lasting three notes or longer) that alternate between two columns.

- The key component of "inverse" sections is that there is very little empty space (i.e. you're not hitting or holding a key) in that section. This means that the LNs must also be long enough to cover up near the entirety (90-95%) of the playfield. As it is, any section that is entirely made of LNs with short releases is considered an "inverse" section.

- The term "bracket" is only used in keymodes beyond 5K. Brackets refer to the alternation of three or more fingers (either 2 finger-1 finger or something similar) on the same hand. As it is, it refers to one-hand trilling as bracketing.

- Gluts can be better referred to as consecutive ("constant supply" in your case) chords. Jumpjacks/handjacks/jumptrills are all part of "gluts"; it's just that we refer to gluts as those aforementioned patterns when the gluts meet certain characteristics.

- Rolls are typically faster than the mode rhythmic density of a section.

RC:
Hard
Hard:
- Note snappings of 1/8 and above are disallowed. These can be too physically demanding for players of this level. An exception to this rule would be the usage of grace notes that are at higher-end snaps (1/8, 1/12 and 1/16) as they are only used to accentuate gracing sounds.
- Do not place any chords in the middle of streams.
- Inverse patterns must not be used. They are a very advanced type of pattern and that they require a lot of coordination to properly execute it.

Guide:
- Avoid 1/4 streams made of more than 16 notes. These can be too physically demanding for players of this level.
- Mini-jack usage is discouraged, especially on higher BPM. These can be too physically demanding for players of this level.
- Long notes should not be shorter than 1/4 in length.
Rules:
- Certain sounds require the use of 1/8s, 1/12s and 1/16s to maximise the correspondence between an extant sound and the complementing note. I assume that that was an exception that was overlooked, for the reason for disallowing those snaps is that streams of that notation (at 150 BPM) can be excessively difficult.

- It is far better to establish a rule of thumb of maximum chord density (given a base of 150 BPM 1/4s) than to disallow chords altogether. Players at that level, however, should have little to no issue with 150 BPM jumpstream with doubles on every 2/1.

- Patterns per se are not "advanced", and the difficulty of the pattern is highly contingent on the speed of the pattern. It is better to establish a speed of the pattern that you are disallowing rather than disallowing the pattern altogether.

Guide:
- Players should be more than capable of hitting 16-note 1/4 streams at 150 BPM at that level. It would be better to use a higher BPM range (e.g. 200) instead or to remove the guideline altogether.

- Minijacks (2-note jacks) are not particularly demanding, for players can hit these minijacks at a tempo that is far slower than how fast the minijack is and still get good judgments. I would suggest removing this guideline.

- LNs per se are not difficult. Sinnoh brings up a good point of how the density of a section will affect the difficulty of LN releases. It is better to define the guideline further to avoid unnecessary misinterpretation.

Insane
Insane:
- Avoid 1/8 streams made of more than 8 notes. Streams of this type of snap are harder to pull off than snaps at the lower end, and as such should only be used if the song warrants it.
- Avoid using split rolls or any kind of complicated 1/8 streams. These types of patterns are much harder to execute properly and shouldn't be used unless the song is abrasive enough to warrant that type of pattern. Use simple rolls as an alternative so it matches the intensity of that portion of the song without making it difficult to play through.
- Using jumptrills of any kind that lead to a hand is discouraged. This is if the genre of the map is not intended to be technical, as this pattern is difficult to hit at a moderate to high speed. For 4K, this creates a mini jack that drastically increases the pattern difficulty. If a hand is really necessary, delete the note before it that would create the minijack.
- Using split jumptrills / brackets is discouraged. These are much more physically exhausting, awkward and take more control to properly execute compared to the standard jumptrills that alternate hands. Do not use both of these as if they are the same unless they are shorter than 5 notes long. Rare cases that allow these to be used are if the music here is abrasive enough to warrant the physical exhaustion.
- Players are far more than capable enough of hitting 1/8 streams at 150 BPM when they reach Insane level. It would be better to use a higher BPM range (e.g. 190) instead or to remove the guideline altogether.

- The latter rule is more applicable for 1/8 streams at 190+ BPM rather than 150 BPM. Most players are more than capable of hitting 300 BPM 16 note streams even with hard patterns.

- Minijacks (2-note jacks) are not particularly demanding, for players can hit these minijacks at a tempo that is far slower than how fast the minijack is and still get good judgments. I would suggest removing this guideline. Jumptrill to hand-based patterns should be assessed based on their suitability relative to the rest of the map (in terms of difficulty variance or musical relevance), and should not be discouraged completely.

- This guideline would be more applicable for 180-200 BPM 1/4 split jumptrills rather than 150 BPM.

Expert
Expert:
- Keep hand balance concepts clear for higher difficulties. For example, a regular jumptrill plays way easier than a split handed jumptrill so you have to be careful on its usage for high BPM songs.
- Long note release timings should use similar snaps than their press timings. Long notes that are into more jazz rhythm should usually have 1/3 or 1/6 releases while more rigid songs might use 1/4 or 1/8 snaps. Combining LN snaps for releases is fine but do it with caution.
- The first guideline is too vague to mean anything.

- Staccato LNs are not covered in the Expert guidelines (nor any of the guidelines for that matter); I assume that staccato LNs (extremely short releases) are permissible for Hard difficulties and above.

@Feerum:
Dump Charting
Yeah, we have basically talked to allow some kind of "dumps" in Mania but as much as we tried we couldn't come to some proper conclusion to be posted with this here.
This does not mean we dropped the topic!
This is not hard to do.

A semi-dump (as far as I've heard that you guys have defined it) is:
- A chart that uses ghost notes in a consistent and musically justifiable manner.
- A chart that deviates from a general layering scheme for reasons that go beyond reducing malignant difficulty variance. This is fairly vague however, and the idea of a "general layering scheme" is not established. The document I have gives a good idea of what "general layering rules" and "situational layering rules" are, but I do not know if it is worth it to cover them in the criteria.

You can include these rules:
- Under certain conditions (that pertain to the song, that is; e.g. the presence of both bass kicks and snares at a certain rhythm), you may use ghost notes for parts of the song that meet that condition. If you do use ghost notes in that manner, the use must be consistent. The level of rhythmic density created by ghost notes must be within reason (difficulty-wise), and the use of ghost notes must align with the music's intensity relative to other sections in the map and song.

- A high level of rhythmic density (e.g. a 1/6 or 1/8 stream) can correspond to a sound with a sustained peak period as long as the peak justifies that high level of rhythmic density (based on the intensity/volume of that sound). If you do ghost notes in that manner, the use must be consistent. The level of rhythmic density created by ghost notes must be within reason (difficulty-wise), and the use of ghost notes must align with the music's intensity relative to other sections in the map and song.

- Sections of a map that do not strictly follow the layering scheme established in the map are permissible if the map's intensity corresponds to the music's intensity relative to other sections in the map and song. This rule can only be reinforced if every note/chord in the map corresponds to sounds that are present in the song. (This may be exploitable however, which is inevitable for any ranking system that has no explicit quality control.) In hindsight, this rule is too exploitable for its own good. Overlayered charts have always been allowed as long as they were consistent, and overlayered charts that break away from their established layering schemes that were ranked did so because its difficulty variance might have been too undesirable otherwise.
juankristal
I feel that hard difficulties are already very hard right now for most of the players that want to get into mania. They usually do alright up until normals and completely die on hards. Mostly due to the fact that a) they cant play streams b) they cant play jumpstreams because well, they cant stream c) streams+LN layer.

I feel that hards should mostly if not exclusively be 1/4 streams and never 1/4 jumpstreams. Having chords on 1/2 is probably fine, as it helps to keep up accuracy on an easier chart but very light jumpstream could be, at most, debatable. This mostly just goes on for 4K I would argue, I feel on 7K not having chords on hards might be asking for too much but I am not a 7K charter myself so not sure.
abraker
Do you guys these pattern are to much for hard 7k diffs:

Basically anything that requires extreme finger independence. I feel that's a thing for insane diffs and up

I also think there should something against making slider velocity high for too long. I see nothing disallowing a mapper from applying x1.5 for one minute in normal diffs unless I glossed over something

Okoratu wrote:

I would describe such pattern as "patterns that don't follow any specific sounds within music, but instead the sound intensity, timbre , pitch, etc or a mix of any in a generalized manner". I don't think the definition is concrete, but it can offer grounds to stand on.
Maxus

abraker wrote:

I also think there should something against making slider velocity high for too long. I see nothing disallowing a mapper from applying x1.5 for one minute in normal diffs unless I glossed over something
Do you mean this? Because even in expert diff, the rule says it can't apply long-term SV for more than 1.1x
show more