forum

Change mp3 file after mapping the song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cla7997
Hi, I have a problem with my map
I've noticed that the final part (1 second maybe) of the song is cut maybe due to some errors when downloading it, but I noticed it too late and now I've finished mapping the beatmap...how can change the song file without screwing the entire beatmap? The song is the same, it's only that last second that cause me problems
Help?
Topic Starter
cla7997
Please help?
Endaris
If you have acquired a new mp3, open the song folder through "File -> Open Song Folder..." within your beatmap, get out of the editor and select a different beatmap in song selection (this is important because otherwise Windows won't allow you to replace it) and replace the mp3 in that folder with the new one. The name of the new mp3 has to be the exact same.

After that you will very likely find that your offset is wrong.
Go "File -> Create new difficulty" and call it "new timing".
What you want to do in this difficulty is to determine the new offset without screwing the rest of your map. After you have successfully acquired the new offset, calculate the offset between them (new offset - old offset).
After that, delete the "new timing" difficulty and enter your regular difficulty.
Press F6 to bring up the Timing Setup Panel, click in the table on the right and press Ctrl+A to select all timing points.
Check the boxes for "Snap objects to new timing" and "Adjust bookmarks and audio preview" on the bottom.
If you use higher snappings than 1/4 you might want to readjust the beat snap divisor field to 1/12 or 1/8.
Finally type in the value you calculated on the top left and click "Move".

Confirm your changes with "OK".

After that you should look through your map to check if everything went fine (it should). Repeat the things done in the timing setup panel for your other difficulties.