forum

[Archived] Multiple Monitor Woes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
matortheeternal
Problem Details

I have three problems:

1. osu! always starts on my "primary" monitor, regardless of where it was when I closed it or what value is set in my osu!.<Username>.cfg file. This is similar to the issue described in this topic, though I should note that I am not using DisplayFusion or anything else special in my Windows/monitor setup.

2. When I switch the monitor osu! is running on using Win+Shift+Arrow Key, osu! will lag intermittently. Once every 10-40 seconds, for about 5 seconds, osu! will appear to be running at 30fps, though it reports it is running at 240fps. The only way to stop this from occurring is to kill the explorer.exe process. This makes osu! unplayable unless I kill explorer.exe, which is a bit extreme.

3. Whenever I minimize osu it returns to my primary monitor. (just a minor annoyance)

EDIT: Another problem--

4. I cannot switch osu to a different monitor with Win+Shift+Arrow while in Edit mode. Entering edit mode switches osu back to my primary monitor and I can't switch it to a different one until I exit edit mode.

Video or screenshot showing the problem

Most of the lag doesn't actually appear in recorded video. Which suggests osu IS rendering 240 frames per second, but the Windows API (specifically some function related to explorer.exe?) is causing the window to not draw a new image to the monitor when it's ready.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHtavdL2rQg (last 7 seconds)

And before you ask, no, this frame lag does not happen when I am recording and explorer.exe isn't running. I did upload a video of a clean play but sony blocked it (thanks sony!). For now please just believe me when I say that I do not experience any frame lag when recording while explorer.exe isn't running.

osu! version: 20180321.1 (latest)
Using Windows 7 x64

Overall, I can live with these issues, but I'd really like to not have to kill explorer.exe every time I'm playing osu.

-Mator