forum

[Archived] Can’t alt tab out (The game is just plain broken)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AKA_Beest
Problem Details:
Everytime I alt tab out of osu it turns black and stops.
Whenever I try to record osu using obs It is laggy even though nothing happens
Its just plain broken.

Its the problem has occurred and I have to stop it.

osu! version: 20180315 (latest)
Death
Disable any overlays you have enabled. Discord's in-game overlay seems to cause a lot of issues for people and I believe it is enabled by default if you happen to have Discord installed. Shadowplay/nvidia's in-game overlay also causes a lot of issues, especially when using OBS when you have it enabled.

Other than disabling those overlays, try closing other programs you have running in the background, just to be on the safe side. It's also a good idea to make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
Topic Starter
AKA_Beest

Death wrote:

Disable any overlays you have enabled. Discord's in-game overlay seems to cause a lot of issues for people and I believe it is enabled by default if you happen to have Discord installed. Shadowplay/nvidia's in-game overlay also causes a lot of issues, especially when using OBS when you have it enabled.

Other than disabling those overlays, try closing other programs you have running in the background, just to be on the safe side. It's also a good idea to make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
Thanks for the advise I updated my drivers and will try to stop the overlay. Anything about the alt tab ???
Death
Hopefully that should stop the issues you are having with alt+tab as well. If it doesn't, can you clarify what you mean by "stop"? Does the game crash, or is it only the screen that turns black and audio still works?
Topic Starter
AKA_Beest

Death wrote:

Hopefully that should stop the issues you are having with alt+tab as well. If it doesn't, can you clarify what you mean by "stop"? Does the game crash, or is it only the screen that turns black and audio still works?

Well at first shen I put it i windowed mode it will be black with audio. Now when I alt tab the game crashes and I have to restart osu. Like the windows stopped working trying to find issue.
Death
Follow this guide to get the log for the crash from your event viewer and copy it here.
Topic Starter
AKA_Beest

Death wrote:

Follow this guide to get the log for the crash from your event viewer and copy it here.

Ok I will try that when I get the chance
Topic Starter
AKA_Beest

Death wrote:

should I paste it here?

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2018-03-20T23:23:00.610697600Z

EventRecordID 167449

Channel Application

Computer LAPTOP-P2C2ITCD

Security

- EventData

osu!.exe
5aa9fdb2
ig9icd32.dll
59cad2e2
c0000005
0045d235
4ddc
01d3c0a24011082d
C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\osu!\osu!.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ki124757.inf_amd64_b607c305e0c4e0a1\ig9icd32.dll
f6d9f5ff-d2de-4159-b8a6-85a777080fdb
Topic Starter
AKA_Beest
I tried everything even uninstalling and reinstalling. NOTHING worked
Death
Please try updating or reinstalling your graphics drivers directly from the manufacturer's website. If you updated them earlier through Windows, that might not have done anything or fixed anything. If you have both a discrete gpu and integrated gpu, please try reinstalling the drivers for both of them.

You can also try enabling compatibility mode in the options menu.
Topic Starter
AKA_Beest

Death wrote:

Please try updating or reinstalling your graphics drivers directly from the manufacturer's website. If you updated them earlier through Windows, that might not have done anything or fixed anything. If you have both a discrete gpu and integrated gpu, please try reinstalling the drivers for both of them.

You can also try enabling compatibility mode in the options menu.

Ill try
Topic Starter
AKA_Beest
Ive done everything nothing worked
Death
What are your computer specs and can you send me a link to the driver you installed from Intel?
Topic Starter
AKA_Beest

Death wrote:

What are your computer specs and can you send me a link to the driver you installed from Intel?
I kinda don't know how to check It was running fine before. I tried to put it in windowed and just broke
Death
What operating System are you on?

Hit the Windows key and search for "Device Manager". I mainly just want what's listed under the "Display Adapter" tab. The items under the processor tab would also be nice.

And after you done finding that, explaining how you updated your drivers would be great.
Topic Starter
AKA_Beest

Death wrote:

What operating System are you on?

Hit the Windows key and search for "Device Manager". I mainly just want what's listed under the "Display Adapter" tab.

And after you done finding that, explaining how you updated your drivers would be great.
Ok I run Windows 10 and the display adapter driver I use is Intel(R) HD Grphics 620 and I updated it using the windows updater thats built in.
Death
Download and install this driver, which is the one from Intel's website.

If it gives you an error saying it is not validated for your computer, you will most likely need to install the drivers directly from the manufacturer of your computer. They probably have a website you can use to find the ones correct for you.
Topic Starter
AKA_Beest

Death wrote:

Download and install this driver, which is the one from Intel's website.

If it gives you an error saying it is not validated for your computer, you will most likely need to install the drivers directly from the manufacturer of your computer. They probably have a website you can use to find the ones correct for you.
Well nothing worked so I'm just going to use it without switching windows sadly. :( :?
[- -]
fullscreen can also affect it? I'd recommend using the boss key
Hiroi
Hey, try to click on osu>properties>compatibility> disable Full-screen optimisations. That worked for me
show more