forum

[Archived] Beatmaps constantly stutter yet I have 60 FPS and low ping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FilthyMitch
2 Problems have recently arisen whenever I play osu!

- Beatmaps are very stuttery, meaning its like my fps is low and everything feels a little off sync and not very smooth when playing
- I repeatedly get the error saying the osu! beatmap im playing is not in sync with my soundcard, giving me the 2 solutions of either
restarting osu! or updating my sound card (which I have tried both)

My game always runs very smoothly, always around 60fps and 18ms of ping.
I have made no changes to my computer either through updating hardware or software.
I only run some programs in the background like discord or the twitch app on some occasions.

I have no clue what the issue is and this severely limits me from playing any higher difficulty beatmaps. No clue where to go in terms of fixing this issue
so I've come here to ask for some help. I haven't defined the issue very precisely but I hope my explanation is enough to hopefully get some help.

Thanks so much.

osu! version: 20180315 (latest)
HashishKabob
I have started noticing the same issue (regarding stuttering, NOT the error message). I just recently returned to osu and reinstalled on a brand new laptop today.

I think the issue has to do with the amount of beatmaps actually saved to the HDD because it seems that the more maps I collect, the worse the stuttering becomes.

I also tried using the option in-game to alleviate some issue, which it does, but it still persists and makes FCing most songs impossible for me.

Also osu! v. b2018315

P.S. my post is related to the stuttering/fps issue, I have not seen any error messages yet.
TR4NQU1L1TY
Heyo, fellow osu! player. I am a bit concerned in your current FPS values, where you are getting the mere 60 FPS, in addition to 18ms.

Please note, the given "ms" value is NOT ping - rather, it is your "frame time." In other words, 1000/FPS; your current value of 60 FPS amounts to around 17ms.

Have you tried mediating your issue while removing any possible FPS limiters, such as Vsync? See if you fare better while playing osu! with "Unlimited (gameplay)" in the options.

I have dealt with a laggy issue where I am stuck to 60 FPS, with 17ms of frame time. It is difficult to play in such a condition, where your movement is noticeably slowed down.

Attempt the following workarounds:

1. If possible, run osu! on your integrated graphics (this should make sense if you are on a laptop)
2. Run osu! in fullscreen windowed borderless, to see if that helps.

If those don't work, you can always try suggestions in this thread, in which I managed to solve my FPS cap.

I apologize for having not much knowledge on your sound card complications... ;-;

Best of luck, TR4NQU1L1TY :D
acrawford69
I have had a similar issue before, except the stuttering and the error. My game was slightly off and it made FCs near impossible. Turns out after updating the game, my global offset was set to something other than 0. Make sure that is at 0ms and set you fps to be unlimited and see if that helps.
HashishKabob
Just checked and my offset is set to 0 and my frames are unlimited. Tinkering with these settings does nothing to alleviate my stutter issue.