forum

change relax into a new gamemode?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
Planecakes
Relax is actually quite fun to play but you won't gain anything of it which makes everyone to ignore it, and that's quite sad actually. I think people would be more interested in relax if we could remove relax from mods and make it into a new gamemode. I'm actually really bad at aiming and clicking at the same time and i would definitely play relax rather than std if relax was a gamemode. I think this would make osu less boring and it would definitely bring us some interesting scores so i really want this to happen.
Lyawi
osu! is about clicking and you don't even need much "skill" to follow some objects. Also, saying it would make osu! less boring seems not really meaningful when you're talking about letting the relax mod to be a game mode.
Topic Starter
Planecakes

Lyawi wrote:

osu! is about clicking and you don't even need much "skill" to follow some objects. Also, saying it would make osu! less boring seems not really meaningful when you're talking about letting the relax mod to be a game mode.
yes it's easier to aim but that doesn't really mean anything if the top plays are worth way more.
Stefan

Mari Ohara wrote:

Lyawi wrote:

yes it's easier to aim but that doesn't really mean anything if the top plays are worth way more.
I need someone to encrypt the meaning of the last statement, unless you really meant that clicking is not skill-oriented.
abraker

Lyawi wrote:

You know, I would like a gamemode where I can just aim and not click. I think you underestimate the potential popularity of a relax type gamemode given pp for it is adjusted accordingly
pilotcoder
You mean Taiko? :roll: :roll:

(inb4 anyone gets mad so I have to add the fact this is clearly a joke)
Kahvichi
I dont think Relax mode should be its own gamemode. Its called Relax for a reason. Meaning you dont need to click to do stuff. Giving some kind of leaderboard or PP system for Relax would kinda ruin it.
Edgar_Figaro

pilotcoder wrote:

You mean Taiko? :roll: :roll:

(inb4 anyone gets mad so I have to add the fact this is clearly a joke)
Nah, Taiko is more Auto-Pilot except they have 2 colors

(Actually come to think of it, if you put on Relax in Taiko, it doesn't matter if you hit red or blue only that you tapped a key. So Except the "where the notes appear part" Taiko Relax = Standard AutoPilot)
abraker

Kahvichi wrote:

I dont think Relax mode should be its own gamemode. Its called Relax for a reason. Meaning you dont need to click to do stuff. Giving some kind of leaderboard or PP system for Relax would kinda ruin it.
It's called relax because it was thought of as a gimmick mod to have fun with. Come around many years later to now and enough players have enjoyed it to ask for it to become its own thing in which you compete with others. This has been requested enough times that if anything, it shows that players are in desire for a gamemode where rhythm game elements are only based on cursor movement and not tapping.

What I said applies to std only, as OP intended it to, and in my opinion your point kinda holds true for other gamemodes.
[-Akira-]

Mari Ohara wrote:

Relax is actually quite fun to play but you won't gain anything of it which makes everyone to ignore it, and that's quite sad actually. I think people would be more interested in relax if we could remove relax from mods and make it into a new gamemode. I'm actually really bad at aiming and clicking at the same time and i would definitely play relax rather than std if relax was a gamemode. I think this would make osu less boring and it would definitely bring us some interesting scores so i really want this to happen.

I don't agree because "Osu!" means "press / click" and its slogan is "rithm is just a click away".
so it's all about rithm and clicking circles. my opinion is that it's completly fine to let it be only a mod
Topic Starter
Planecakes

- Kiiyo - wrote:

Mari Ohara wrote:

I don't agree because "Osu!" means "press / click" and its slogan is "rithm is just a click away".
so it's all about rithm and clicking circles. my opinion is that it's completly fine to let it be only a mod
i tried the osu relax server not a long time ago and i've never had so much fun on osu in a very long time, by seeing all of the active players i think this would be really popular and interesting feature to have in the osu community. I would say you're still playing to the rhythm because you move with the spacing emphasis so having this feature in osu wouldn't be a problem.
Your-Waifu_old
I'd enjoy it. Just earn less than normal osu? Tapping has started messing up my hands, so I'd like a break every once in a while.
Endie-

Your-Waifu wrote:

I'd enjoy it. Just earn less than normal osu? Tapping has started messing up my hands, so I'd like a break every once in a while.

You can still play relax? You just don't get PP from it.
abraker

Endie- wrote:

It needs better support though. Also it will also be worth making it into its own subgamemode since mechanics might be a little different and mapping would be tailored for aim-based difficulty.

Imagine Jubeat subgamemode, relax subgamemode, or any type of std derivative gamemode. Well you can support my request here if that sounds cool: t/386058
Your-Waifu_old

Endie- wrote:

Your-Waifu wrote:

You can still play it, but you get NOTHING for it at all. What I was saying was to allow us to get at least some PP for it, so it would be easier for people that want to play harder difficulty things, but have trouble tapping fast enough.
Topic Starter
Planecakes
When you make an insane relax score you don't get anything back and that's so wrong, not even a replay. This will prevent anyone from playing the gamemode and it's not that fun to play and not be able get these kind of stuff.