forum

Question about changing playstyle

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shadow3344
Hi (hello). I started playing ctb almost half a year ago, and my playstyle always was: NUM 4 5-move (right hand) and X-dash (left hand), but there is one problem: My main hand is left, and i can't control my right hand fingers at all, i can't even stream more than 120bpm and because of that i always had problems playing 5-6* or any technical maps below 5* in ctb. So, today i decided to change my playstyle, i tried to use move buttons with my left hand and dash with right, but there is a HUGE problem appeared: I can't understand what to do, i can't press buttons in right order, for example https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10415229. SS play is done with my old playstyle, and D one with new.
So, the question is: Should i continue to play with my new playstyle, hoping that someday I will learn how to press buttons properly, or i need to improve my right hand stamina/control?
45Traeath
Feels weird.
To me, the main/dominant hand should be used for the directions in this mode.

Maybe you should rather try to find a more comfortable style that uses your left hand at its best, and practice once you find it, before considering going back to right hand.
Boros
Right-handed here , i started ctb after 1y playing std so i thought i would spam more left and right so i'm playing with left hand , but like you , that's not the best .
I've tried to change but it was too late :/ .
After some times , i guess you just have to deal with it or you just change hand , i've just realised after like 2 years that i would have been better with right hand for left/right :/ .
If you can and it's not too late , change and tryhard , if you don't have fun or you just have enough , keep playing with the "wrong hand" , you'll finish to do something right with it and you'll see that it gets better with time !
DeletedUser_1417202
You'd better play in a style you are familiar with.

Not need to change style, i used <- -> + Mouse.
autofanboy
Usually it depends on whether you are left-handed or right-handed.

Move with the one you tend to be and dash with another hand
A Moon Gust
I am also left handed and I use my right hand to move. I'd say to continue with your old playstyle but if you have that much trouble using your right hand to move, it may be better to start moving with your left hand and hopefully it's rewarding later on.
Topic Starter
Shadow3344
Thank you guys, i read all your advices, i've been thinking about this for a long time, and i decided to stay with my old playstyle. I'm going to focus on my right hand and will try to improve stamina (at least) with stream compilations in STD (Not sure if it will help, but why not give a try).
Thanks again, i really appreciate your help!
P.S How can i delete this thread?