forum

[Archived] Phantom osu key inputs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Always Handsome
So this has been ongoing for a year or so, and I was never REALLY able to tell if it was me, or a hardware/software issue
I would always break on random notes with a second or so delay in between them, or it would appear to "let go" of a slider for 0.01 seconds and this time I am 100% absolutely positive I had no fingers pressing input key #2. I would always look back at replays and watch the key overlay and think "Really?" but you know how easy it is to get hyped and maybe press something by accident. So I finally came to the conclusion that it may have been my really old CM quickfire keyboard and maybe it was a mechanical failure in the board. So I bought a brand new Ducky Shine 6 (brown switches) and it still gave me this problem. So I've ruled out the keyboard factor. I wanted to see if anyone knew how this is happening or what is causing it; I have a replay in which is happened, it's towards the end and I was playing a few warmup maps before logging into multi and it happened in plain sight and was FORSURE not me, I know you don't have a hand cam video but you can see the key overlay the key my index finger lies on (the S key, or input key #2) seems really erratic the way it's pressed and doesn't look quite in rhythm with the other keys.

REPLAY: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dkznr4krr ... %20Osu.osr

Screenshot as to about where it occurs https://i.imgur.com/81fOqeW.png

SPECS:
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Osu! resolution: 1920x1080 (Fullscreen)
Tablet: Wacom Bamboo CTH-470
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 Cherry MX brown switches
Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma
Intel Core i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz
Memory (RAM): 16GB (2400MHz)
Monitors: 24" Asus VG248QE 144hz 1ms(Primary)/ 22" LG 22MP55 (Secondary)

Release stream: Stable
Frame limiter: 2000FPS
Fullscreen mode
Background Video (I most disable in game though)
Storyboard (^)
Parallax
Background dim 100%
Always show key overlay
Universal offset: 0ms
Skin: my custom skin
Sensitivity 1x
Raw input
Confine mouse cursor: Only when in fullscreen
Disable mouse buttons in play mode
Keyboard bindings: A S
OS tabletPC support
Follow points
Stacking
Menu MS is 1.6ms - 2.6ms
Playing MS is about 1.1ms - 1.6ms
Frames box just says "144hz" due to custom frame limit
The little bar next to my MS is always at max red (shrug)
osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)