forum

Yasunori Mitsuda - Robo's Theme

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 4:25:59 PM

Artist: Yasunori Mitsuda
Title: Robo's Theme
Source: Chrono Trigger
BPM: 115.7
Filesize: 2415kb
Play Time: 01:14
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.75 stars, 174 notes)
  2. Insane (4.99 stars, 249 notes)
  3. Normal (3.82 stars, 102 notes)
Download: Yasunori Mitsuda - Robo's Theme
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The cobra is back with robo's theme. :)

I know it's been made before, but since it was made in 07 and wasn't the best map (I'm sure you guys would agree), I went ahead and gave it a makeover.

This is a normal difficulty with background and custom colors. Easy and Hard are on the way.

Comments and modding welcome.

Edit 1: Changed stack lineancy.
Edit 2: Using Seibei's bpm/offset.
Edit 3: Hard added.
Edit 4: Lowered sample volume. Insane added.
Edit 5: Tweaked bpm. Increased lead-in.
Edit 6: Rolled offset.
Edit 7: burai adjustments.
Edit 8: zerostarry fixes
Seibei4211
Aw snap, I love a good kingcobra map.

Just a thought, but I think a lot of people might confuse this beat pattern (00:47:68 (4,5)) with this one (00:23:31 (5,1)).

Anyway, I noticed it sounded a little off near the end. These seem to do the trick.
BPM: 115.7
Offset: 2,570

Edit: Good spacing. I don't see anything else wrong with it.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Hard is now added, and unless the mods think an easy difficulty is needed, I've decided not to make one. Normal is pretty straightforward anyway. :P

Seibei4211 wrote:

Just a thought, but I think a lot of people might confuse this beat pattern (00:47:68 (4,5)) with this one (00:23:31 (5,1)).
imo, I don't find it that difficult to confuse those two since they're at different places in the song where there are 2 different patterns. If others find it confusing though, I'll change it. :)
Seibei4211
Hmm...I think the hit sounds a little loud, but that's pretty much all I can think of. Those patterns I mentioned in Normal are probably fine. I was just pointing it out.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Fixed. Also added an Insane difficulty. :D
Zerostarry
Insane:
00:16:31 (7,8,9) - Notes covering a slider = </3

I seriously couldnt find anything wrong with it. I hope to see this ranked soon.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52

Zerostarry wrote:

Insane:
00:16:31 (7,8,9) - Notes covering a slider = </3
You haven't played Hidden Mountain & Forest on Insane, have you. :P
Seibei4211
...Once again, there's nothing really wrong. Unless you wanted me to nazi Insane, which I was about to do out of boredom, but then I decided against it.

Zerostarry, that kind of thing is totally fine, especially in an Insane. Maybe not in an Easy or Normal, but definitely ok in Insane. It's not even hard to tell that a slider is there.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
bubble? <3
Seibei4211
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled
Offset 2582? Still sounds way early but atm the beginning falls way early. 2582 evens it out a bit better. BPM sounds good.
Seibei4211

Download: OSU的真内幕 - 这才是真正的OSU啊 (peppy) [PASS 了你就沙包了].osu
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
machol30
After a couple of nitpicks, I approve. :)
Zerostarry
[Hard]
00:41:99 (5) - New combo

I won't pop as its very minor.

I still dont agree with 00:16:58 (9) in Insane though

Fixed, so <3
Cyclone
Offset is late, but hey, somebody already said that, right?
Topic Starter
kingcobra52

Cyclone wrote:

Offset is late, but hey, somebody already said that, right?
No. Rolled suggested this offset and Seibei didn't agree with him and suggested her own. I considered them both and ended up picking Rolled's cause it sounded better at the time.

Do you think it would be better with Seibei's offset, or do you have a better one in mind?
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
THOMASNATOR
Holy shpit. Perfect beatmap!