forum

[resolved] Osu! is having "hiccups"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MindTree
Problem Details:
So.. i just played osu! after a while, and the first thing i noticed that there is somekind of "hiccup"
osu! became kind of unplayable now :((
i am not sure about what is causing this hiccup in osu

my specs are
Lenovo X230
intel i7-3520M
Intel HD 4000

pretty low but it could get somewhere at 100-150fps
im just not sure what is causing this

osu! version: 20171227.1beta
Tobias Leander
Hello there

heres some stuff you can try, to prevent lag.
  • 1) make sure your computer isnt overheating this will cause lag spikes, mabye open your compuer and look if there any dust and stuff that might cause the problem, or check if your fans are malfunctioning.

2) make sure your cpu isnt going on 100%, if so close any unnecessary programs running in the background.

3) make sure to have atleast 10gb of storage in the drive u installed osu on.

4) disable any overlays like Steam, Discord or anyother FPS overlay program.

5) make sure your drivers are up to date by updating to the newest versions.

6) run on unlimited fps, this will lower your ms 'only run unlimited fps if your computer can support it'

7) close any web browsers, or server apps (including file sharing/torrents). Close all other background programs and tray icons and see if the problem persists.

if none of the things above helped try to run your osu in compatibility mode, this can fix some issues but if not just leave it off
Topic Starter
MindTree

Tobias Leander wrote:

Hello there

heres some stuff you can try, to prevent lag.
  • 1) make sure your computer isnt overheating this will cause lag spikes, mabye open your compuer and look if there any dust and stuff that might cause the problem, or check if your fans are malfunctioning.

2) make sure your cpu isnt going on 100%, if so close any unnecessary programs running in the background.

3) make sure to have atleast 10gb of storage in the drive u installed osu on.

4) disable any overlays like Steam, Discord or anyother FPS overlay program.

5) make sure your drivers are up to date by updating to the newest versions.

6) run on unlimited fps, this will lower your ms 'only run unlimited fps if your computer can support it'

7) close any web browsers, or server apps (including file sharing/torrents). Close all other background programs and tray icons and see if the problem persists.

if none of the things above helped try to run your osu in compatibility mode, this can fix some issues but if not just leave it off

Thanks for your suggestion, i tried some of them but none worked
luckily, i found out that the main source of problem was there is 2 audio driver installed at my computer, so i deleted one and the problem is solved.