forum

How to deal with osu fanboys?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lieutenant Toro
I'm sure we've all experienced it in some way. That one person that you know that also plays osu fanboys over some pro player. The majority of those who have encountered someone like this are referring to Cookiezi fanboys. My situation is a bit different. I'm a student. I have student friend that plays osu and enjoys it. But because he's gotten into it, EVERY GODDAMN DAY I GO TO SCHOOL TO GET A FUCKING EDUCATION, ALL I HEAR IS MY DUMBASS FRIEND YELLING REFERENCES AND FANBOYISM. He says and I quote, "WubWoofWolf is a god", "I'M EATING A BAGUETTE GUYS", "BRO, COOKIEZI'S SKINS ARE AMAZING!" It's not just pro players now, I'm sure all I'll have to do is say an example. We're in the same class, and if I mess up in some way, he yells in the middle of class,"CHOKE!" THIS IS ALL HE FUCKING SAYS NOW. EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE OSU. I love osu, BUT I DON'T LIKE TO HEAR IT EVERY GODDAMN SECOND. Seriously, I know the way I'm expressing my frustration is very immature but I really need help with this. Please, if anyone knows a way besides saying, "Stop." Because he won't. Let me just say, anyone can do whatever they want. I won't stop them. In fact, I really don't care. It's just when you get others involved does it become a nuisance. Please answer seriously, I can't stand anymore of this shit. Thank you for your time.

btw, gonna delete this in a few days in case my "friend" sees it
Sandy Hoey

Lieutenant Toro wrote:

Please, if anyone knows a way besides saying, "Stop." Because he won't.
Have you even tried?
KupcaH

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Lieutenant Toro wrote:

Have you even tried?
Vuelo Eluko
i used to do this in school except it was jesse
always sat alone during lunch, they never let me sit at the cookiezi table...
Flanster
Is it that hard to sit down and talk it over?
Caput Mortuum
Become like him
ZodiacLyfe

Eraser wrote:

Become like him
God forbid
Topic Starter
Lieutenant Toro

Flanster wrote:

Is it that hard to sit down and talk it over?
I've tried many times
Topic Starter
Lieutenant Toro

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Lieutenant Toro wrote:

Have you even tried?
Yes, more times than I could count
abraker
You don't change others. How to deal with it is just simply ignore.

I probably have no idea what I am talking about here
Simple physics can be applied. Like a rubberband:
Attractive force of friendship between you and friend + Repulsive force of annoyance between you and friend = Tension between you and friend

If the tension is very high when the repulsive force overcomes the attractive force, there is going to be a huge snap. That happens when you have had it and a cutscene of intense drama occurs.

The good news is that the repulsive force is not permanent and will lower as time goes on. So it is really dependent on how patient you are. They will stop fanboying eventually, although it will take at least a couple years.
Saucy
Just pretend you don't even know what hes talking about it might confuse him enough to stop.
It would be pretty hilarious if you actually just convinced him that you have no clue what hes talking about
Akanagi
Revoke Friendship
mulraf

Rayne wrote:

Revoke Friendship
^

no seriously, i get where you come from. just from hearing your story i feel the cringe. i know that talking things over isn't how it works in real life for many classes dependant on what grade it is and what kind of school. i don't really have an effective suggestion. just change how you react to it because it currently isn't working obviously. if you laugh about it or react to it in any way... just stop reacting. ignore it and he'll get bored. if you are already doing that and it doesn't work then maybe the opposit works and he'll get annoyed if you fanboy too much in front of him? (actually i wouldn't do that myself but whatever, just expressing the concept of changing your reaction whatever it currently is and just trying a bit around lul)
schilar
You can't really do anything about it. Just try to tell him it annoys you and hopefully he'll listen.
_Meep_

Eraser wrote:

Become like him
Humanity
Talk to him, tell him you find it annoying or bothersome. If it doesn't work, ignore i guess
xLolzUp
Move schools.
nikky
I only have fans electric fans
Mackenzie
just tell him there's no accuracy between you, and put a big D to this friendship
SeagNoEvil
This guys is criticizing one me BTW. The only main reason I talk about osu so much to him is because it's kind of how I got to know him. One thing I will say is that I don't fanboy over everything though. Yes, he has told me time and time again and I've toned down a pretty good amount. But as much as he dislikes me, the way he treats me daily makes me want to do it more. If I'm over at his house and I'm just interested to see how he plays and what else he does, later on in a discord call I come in the middle of a conversation of him talking about how rude I am for coming to his place just to try his settings and setup. I'm sitting here like you're not someone that has rights to tell me what to do. We're only 1 year apart and he treats me like I'm an 8 year old. I ask him why he treats me this way, he says it's because I'm just a mere child. Come on, he's only 1 year apart and he's not any less childish than I am. I listen to him and I really want to. But, it's day to day actions that make me want to continue. Also, I just started playing osu in September, 2017. I started out as a tablet player using a Wacom Intuos 3, and have gotten to 6 digit in my current standing. I've played for 6 months and he starts getting pissed at me doing 3*s at 2 months. He goes to his friend's house and calls me. They say to stop showing my scores because I'm growing to much. I make pretty decent 4* plays now and I want to put it somewhere than just the osu chat. Friends that like osu as a game and don't mind such things is who I thought they were, because that's what most of the community seemed to be. But instead, they get mad, even if it's not a snipe. Back to the references and "fanboying", I only do/did it rarely and did only for fun. What he's saying mostly is exagerations. WWW being a god was refering to right after the OWC, cookiezi skins are cool was when I was fairly new and since at the time Cookiezi was #1, i thought it was the best. BAEguette was the beastrollMC vid and I made jokes about that for like half a week then stopped. I said choke like maybe twice ironically because he hit the net in tennis. Most of the is so much exaggeration and like I get if you side with him, but it's not like this is all I do. I talk to certain friends about certain things. Toro and his friend were for osu talk,(apparently not) I talked to other friends about overwatch and most of my other friends I was normal to. I'm normally socially active in calls with Toro for the most part. It's just it's awkward when him and 2 of his other friends always talk about 1 kid at my school and make fun of him. There was also a period where they just neglected me as a friend and would always play CS, which I don't have because I'm not allowed to. If I asked them to join a multi he would always just say, "Nah, don't feel like it," and then play CS. For the most part I was okay with this, but then he would get pissed at something, and I say what happened, then he would say nothing. AS SOON AS SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME join the call and asks what had happened, he tells them the whole story. It's understandable to like friends more than others is fine. But when you tell me all of these things are rude and you're always swearing at me when I don't swear that much, you're voiding me as a friend, and assuming things that I'm gonna do ON A DAILY BASIS WHEN I DO THESE THINGS OCCASIONALLY, that's rude. If we were going to pick an ensemble song for orchestra, THE FIRST THING HE YELLS AT ME FOR WHEN I HAD NO INTENTION TO BECAUSE I LOVE GHIBLI SONGS IS,"OH YEAH, BTW WE'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING FROM OSU!" and I asked why he said that, he said because he knew i was going to pick something from it. But I was going to request a ghibli song. I'm gonna stop here. The main point is, is that he does a lot of messed up stuff to me to. If you want to tell me to stop something then we both stop. If you can't because it's who you are than it's the same with me. You can't make me stop liking osu, you can't make me uninterested in weekly news about it, and I just want someone to talk about it to. I literally can't talk about it to anyone.
show more