forum

SBFB - Quickfire SV Tournament [Mania 4k]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Monheim

ABOUT

SBFB (Sponsored by FooBar) is a Proof-Of-Concept Sightreading Tournament (SRT)

None of the players will have access to the charts before the tournament match -- However they will have access to the songs (Hence the tournament name; Sponsored by FooBar)

SBFB will use a 4 round, elimination system. Everyone will be gathered in a single MP lobby and the first four charts will be played. Now -- they will be played again. The highest score for each player on each chart is totalled up and the lowest four players are removed from the lobby.

After three rounds of 4 charts -- there will be two players remaining. Finals will only be played once.

As this probably implies -- This is a very quickfire tournament. It will all be in a single tournament lobby and will last no longer than 2 hours. This is all about your ability to act on your feet and respond to gimmicky SVs with control and precision.

Players will NOT have access to the charts before the tournament game. They will, however, be given the song list for the pool -- so they can listen to the music and get a feel for what they think the SVs may be.

RULES

No Cheating!! -- This should be extremely obvious.
Play for fun!! -- This is a very gimmicky tournament and isn’t intended to be too competitive.
Scoring will be based on Score v2!!
That’s about it.

SIGNUPS

There are only 15 places!! This is an SV oriented tournament; The actual difficulty will not come from patterns as that defeats the nature of an SRT. Most of the charts are around 1st-4th dan in difficulty so we highly recommend to be 4th or above before entering.

Please post in this thread to secure a place in the tournament!
First come, First serve!

PRIZES

do you take bitcoin?

Glory!!
Or a £1.65 steam game.
(Prizes may be implemented((?)) in the future depending on how this tourney turns out)

STAFF

we're like, really cool

Hosts:
Civilization

Charters:
Civilization
qqqant
Couil
Evening
Hydria

Commentators:

Smith
Vento

Staff is likely to grow.

MATCHES

The entire tournament will be played in a single MP lobby.
The date of this is to be decided (based on applicant availability) -- The song list will be released at least one week prior.

PLACES

1 - 2dw
2 - Gekido-
3 - Kamikaze
4 - WalterToro
5 - Pope Gadget
6 - OscarRickyH02
7 - -Electro-
8 - afrono
9 - Alice RP Name
10 - TheToaphster
11 - RemFangirl
12 - Chrubble
13 - dhn
14 - Ciel
15 - Jakads

LINK TO DISCORD: https://discord.gg/8xHPDsd

8-) 8-) 8-)
[Lilypad]
sign
me
the
fuck
up
Kamikaze
yes hi i'm in
lemonguy
MEMORIZATION IS NOT A SKILL

it's my time to shine
Weber
looking forward to watching this
WalterToro
thats what i like to read!

In!
Pope Gadget
gemme in there nibba
Oscyy
im in
-Electro-
hell yea sign me up too
afrono
Sounds fun, sign me up
Alice RP Name
i'm in owo
Toaph Daddy
Hello there, I'll play
Mipha-
owo

Sign me up.
Chrubble
holy shit sign me UP
lemonguy
dhn says he wants to join but he won't be home for another 6 hours so I'm gonna post for him if that's fine
Ciel
Siiign meeee uuuupp.
Hi.
Amascite
Get Me in there I need to beat Toaphster
Ovento17
nooooooo
plzenjoygaem
ME
Trainer-
Sign me up please! ;~;
show more