forum

Why am I actually so trash?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LostLunar
No I'm not even joking about this. I have like 3 other friends who started osu about the same time and they are now well over 1k pp.
I have logged in 75 fucking hours and my play count is over 5000 and I can barely play 4 star maps and when I can, I get an A or a B and I can barely FC any 3.5-3.7 star maps. I can't even play some of the 3.8-3.9 maps. That is how trash I am. I sat down today for about 6 hours and played osu the whole goddamn time and I earned about 16pp. I know osu is about enjoyment and people learn in different speeds but I'm trash to another fucking level and its actually starting to piss me off. I spent 6 hours today achieving nothing. Did everyone have a hard time getting to 1k pp as well?
pandaBee
PP gain isn't linear on a day-to day basis (usually), it's more like a little staircase. You first gain the skills and ability necessary to FC more/higher pp maps and then you gain them all at once. Afterwards it's just a matter of improving again. You're not going to get much success if you try to pp farm when your skill is not much higher than it was.
NeKroMan4ik
I had the same problem. You need to play high pp maps with a lot of jumps and streams, usually they're most played ranking maps (smth like this). Just try to SS 2* maps with HR,HD,DT (HD isn't necessary, but it gives some pp) and S 3* maps with >95% acc (with <95% you almost don't receive pp).
pandaBee

NeKroMan4ik wrote:

Just try to SS 2* maps with HR,HD,DT
Don't do this.

S 3* maps with >95% acc
Do this.
My Angel Jeremy
I gained -1.3 pp after playing for 7 hours
F I G H T M E
NeKroMan4ik

pandaBee wrote:

NeKroMan4ik wrote:

Just try to SS 2* maps with HR,HD,DT
Don't do this.
Actually SS'd 2* maps with HR,HD,DT gives more pp then S'd 3* maps w/o mods. But when you're practising with 3* usually it doesn't give as much pp as SS'd 2*, so, when you're improving yourself, you almost don't receive any pp.
kartonrealista

NeKroMan4ik wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

Don't do this.
Actually SS'd 2* maps with HR,HD,DT gives more pp then S'd 3* maps w/o mods. But when you're practising with 3* usually it doesn't give as much pp as SS'd 2*, so, when you're improving yourself, you almost don't receive any pp.
The amount of pp you're getting from those maps is soon too be negligible compared to pp that 4* maps will give you, so it's literally a waisted effort because you're not really improving by setting those scores.
Shoy
Stay far away mods as long as you can.

LostLunar wrote:

Did everyone have a hard time getting to 1k pp as well?
I remembered I spent a lot of time at 900+ PP at tryharding a 60-70 pp play in order to reach 1k.
After a week, I just went for an entire week of practising. Got my 1k pp in a single hour after that.

I just reached 2k pp and my top play is only at 117pp. But the plays at 60-70pp I was almost unable to submit 2 months ago (I had like 2 or 3 like that at this moment) are now kinda common.
_____

In conclusion, play to improve. PP will follow.
E m i
why's everyone always so autistic about mods

if i was at 3 star level i would really consider moving on to 4 stars the most important thing because of how much mapping changes around there and how many maps it unlocks, but that's the point - "it unlocks maps"

so why would i also specifically not play anything else? if the game has 5784357821 aspects to it then i would already be branching out into whatever i can to find out what's going on

also understandable
kai99
i mean fcing 3.5-3.7 maps are a different story from 4* maps (and im a nomod pleb so none of that mods stuff, i cant do it)
ok im going to be honest, it took me two months to reach 1kpp and it took no effort, and i was actually really slow compared to other people already
but again, hours also dont mean jack shit if you're not doing things right, can you tell us about how your usual osu routine goes? like, what'd you do over the 6 hours you sat down and played?
Syneergy
its about consistancy not the amount of time you wasted into game. If you practtice right you can improve faster!
Shoy

Syneergy wrote:

its about consistancy not the amount of time you wasted into game. If you practtice right you can improve faster!
Some people improve faster, some people improve slower.
The way you're practising counts for sure.

Anyway there's still a link between time spent on osu by a player and its skill level overall.
Consistency is a value like reading, stamina, aim, and some others... You need it, and you gain it mostly by... playing the game.

Basically you'll progress super fast while starting osu, and then the curve will up slower.
You can say you're stuck at the moment the curve starts to go only down while keep playing.
Naimae
work on your accuracy

your kimi no shiranai monogatari play is worth like 51pp with 98% acc. it's kind of disgusting how exponentially pp drops as your acc goes like half a percent down

my acc is trash too so don't worry if you don't improve your acc quickly (the solution to this is to play disgusting pp farm maps like me)

that said don't get too obsessed over pp since you'll drive yourself crazy

also stop bullying yourself and stop comparing yourself to others
it's definitely easier said than done especially because they're your friends but at the end of the day you should want to improve because you want to be better than yourself yesterday not because you want to be better than them

if you keep comparing yourself to them you'll get too angry when you're below them and too smug/content when you're above (leading to not being driven to improve, maybe)

but still being able to brag about your scores is fun i guess
so go work on your acc and make it more consistent as you climb star ratings
Akanagi

LostLunar wrote:

No I'm not even joking about this. I have like 3 other friends who started osu about the same time and they are now well over 1k pp.
I have logged in 75 fucking hours and my play count is over 5000 and I can barely play 4 star maps and when I can, I get an A or a B and I can barely FC any 3.5-3.7 star maps. I can't even play some of the 3.8-3.9 maps. That is how trash I am. I sat down today for about 6 hours and played osu the whole goddamn time and I earned about 16pp. I know osu is about enjoyment and people learn in different speeds but I'm trash to another fucking level and its actually starting to piss me off. I spent 6 hours today achieving nothing. Did everyone have a hard time getting to 1k pp as well?

Well, it took me a bit over 100 hours to get to 1k.

PP in a certain degree isn't always a good way of measuring your skill. You can increase your PP by a ton by practicing certain kinds of maps and playstyles (mostly aim+speed) and then just head to play PP maps or DT. If you learn the basics of HD you can add another 10% overall pp gain on top of it without really making the map harder.

Just F2 in the late 3* and early 4* range and if you don't care about them, discard the old maps so you only play 2015-2018 stuff which is usually really similar in mapping style, thus making you better at modern maps which usually also give the most pp.

When I was 800-900pp I was already playing the mid 3*-4,5* maps. I didn't start out playing 1*-2* when I was new to the game and still managed to do just fine. If anything I'd say it's way better to play the late 3*s and normal 4*s because that's where maps start to become "normal"(?)

Lower difficulty maps are either painfully slow, which doesn't do you any good because most maps are usually full of 1/2 and 1/4, or the AR is something you'll never see again (0-6).

TL;DR

Play late 3* and 4*-4,5* maps. If you care about da PP learn to play CS4AR9OD7/8 maps that are made in 2k15-2k18 because that's where all the pp is at.
Vuelo Eluko

NeKroMan4ik wrote:

Sigh...
jhontitor123
Tbh ranking is not really matter.. for example me...
Im always playing dt for gain a big pp.. but it make me worse more than my avg current rank..

I cant even play slow ar<9 or stream.
So i suck at playing multiroom...

Just focus on your progress and dont look your friend progress...
SpasticSurgeon

pandaBee wrote:

PP gain isn't linear on a day-to day basis (usually), it's more like a little staircase. You first gain the skills and ability necessary to FC more/higher pp maps and then you gain them all at once. Afterwards it's just a matter of improving again. You're not going to get much success if you try to pp farm when your skill is not much higher than it was.
So true! Well said.