forum

[Archived] sound cutting out and hits not registering

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
edikiti
so I have been having this problem with osu for a while where my sound will ramdomly cut out in the middle of a map or anything and all of the sudden my hits won't register properly. you may think that my hits don't register because I'm off beat without sound, but its happened while I've been playing relax before and even still every hit was either an 100 on sliders or completely missing practically every note.
this has lost me multiple plays and has been happening increasingly often
details:
-to fix it I have to restart osu (but sometimes it will literally happen every 2 minutes)
-my sound on everything else works, just not osu
-when i mean sound I mean literally all sound from osu
-when i check my audio devices in osu after this happens, my headphones do not appear, while they would appear if it had not happened

if anyone knows a fix or an idea, it would be appreciated :)
Tobias Leander
Hello there

1) enable compatibility mode, and reduce dropped frames in the osu graphics settings.

2) make sure your computer isnt overheating.
this can be caused by you having your computer turned on for a long time, or running at a high amount of fps that your grapich card cant support.
try to check your computer temperature when u get lag spikes, and look if theres something wrong, you might have to upgrade the fans.

3) be sure to have enough storage space arround 10gb+ on the drive u installed osu on.

read more about causes of lag here. t/42149