forum

What is considered a bad play? which drops my rank?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
akyra
I could never figure this out, but what is considered a bad play? I'm a 4.8 - 5.2 star player.

I stop playing many of the lower star maps (4.5 and below) because every time i submit a non-S (1 miss) score my ranking seems to drop. From what I know, you will not lose PP or ranking from submitting new scores even if it's played lower than the player's standards (correct me if im wrong).

Please explain how PP is actually valued and why I drop ranks from playing lower stars. I started 7-months ago, and I have not really looked into pp and ranking calculation.
Stanvord
The pp system is really complicated and is also weighted. If you want to read more read this. Each play gets weighted based on your top play, and each play below that is worth less and less pp. Your ranking does not drop due to playing lower star ratings; it’s just people passing you in rank and bancho getting updated.
Xiyng
In case the previous post wasn't clear enough, I'm pretty sure your rank dropping because of submitting plays is simply because your rank gets updated when you submit a play. If you don't submit, you stay where you are, but if you submit, your rank gets updated. Because other people are playing too and they're getting pp all the time, you're bound to lose rank when your rank updates - unless, of course, you gain (enough) pp at the same time.