forum

Team Duel

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mniminwoo

Welcome to Team Duel!

This tournament is a team based sudden death style 1v1 tournament. Every match is played as a team, but each map will be 1v1. This means that each team will need to send out a single member for each map. Anyone who loses a map is considered ineligible to play for the remainder of the match. A team loses when there are no more eligible players to send out. Highly specialized players? Solo carries? All are welcome and encouraged here!

1. This is an osu!standard tournament
  2. This is a 1v1 team tournament with teams of 5-8 players
  3. This tournament will be double elimination after group stages
  4. Everyone is eligible to register, but only the top 16 teams by seeding will participate
  5. All staff members may play except for the host and map selectors/testers
  6. Joining the server is required for the captain of each team
  7. Seeding of a team will be determined by the average pp of the top 5 ranked players in each team

1. To sign up, each team captain must reply to this post with the name of the team, userpage links(by user id, not name) for each member, and most preferred timezone in UTC
  2. For any roster change before the end of registration phase, edit the original post and notify me instead of making a new post
  3. If the team captain is not present at the end of the registration phase, the registration is considered invalid. In addition, your discord nickname must match your osu username
  4. There is no rank limit for this tournament

1. Every match will be set to scorev1
  2. The match will be set to Head to Head, but if both teams agree, it may be changed to Team VS at the beginning. However, with Team VS, a fail on either side will instantly end the map and the failing player will lose
  3. Schedules and mappools will be provided on Monday of each week. If the schedule does not work, You must contact the opposing team, come to an agreement, and come to me with the new time. There must be at least 24 hours before both the original time and the new time
  4. If there is excessive toxic behavior, there will be a warning, and in the case of continued toxicity, a loss of the match. This includes obvious intentional stalling
  5. To make the match even, at the start of the match, each team will need choose 3 players to join the lobby; these will be the participants for the match. Any remaining players are not allowed to play for that match. After group stages, this number is increased to 4. After RO8, this number is increased to 5. These chosen players may be exchanged for a substitute on the team if and only if that player has not yet played a single map.
  6. Both team captains will roll and the higher roll will ban second and pick first
  7. Each team gets 1 ban
  8. Each map must be picked within 2 minutes, and both teams must have a player ready in another 2 minutes
  9. Anyone who wins a map is required to stay for the next map, unless that team wishes to switch the player out
  10. Any player who is switched out is not allowed to come back for at least 3 maps, unless there is no other eligible player. In this case, the earliest switched out player may come back early
  11. Switching out is not possible if there are only 2 eligible players
  12. At the end of each map, the loser must be replaced and will be considered ineligible for the remainder of the match
  13. Failed scores count as zero, unless both players fail. Players who revive by the end do not count as failed
  14. Freemod requires at least one mod on each side. Allowed mods are HD, HR, and EZ. In addition, EZ scores will be multiplied by 2 to equal a nomod score
  15. Tiebreakers will be freemod, but a mod is not required
  16. Failure to have a sufficient roster by 10 minutes after the scheduled time will result in a forfeit. No 1v1 or 2v2 situations will be allowed, even if both teams agree
  17. Each team gets 1 warmup map under 5 minutes. There will be no warmups in group stage
  18. Each team has 1 rematch per match. A rematch is only possible if a disconnect happens within 30 seconds of the start of a map or in the case of hardware issues

1. Registrations February 17 - March 23
  2. Live Drawings March 24
  3. Group Stage March 30 - April 8
  4. Round of 8 April 13 - April 15
  5. Semifinals April 20 - April 22
  6. Finals April 27 - April 29
  7. Grand Finals May 4 - May 6
All times are in UTC unless specified otherwise

1st place: $96
2nd place: $48
3rd place: $24
Amounts are per team, not per player

Be aware that this tournament will not have a badge

Host: mniminwoo

Referees: mniminwoo 0120 Aeril Aoiyuuki- Apraxia Dada DigitalHypno Flaiimz Janssen jms8719 Kasumii-sama this1neguy TLQ_Yoshii Ulvind Yazzehh zelda101

Streamers noctisv_v Nyanaro zelda101

Commentators corim DigitalHypno juliancala Monko2k Nyanaro Toy Weed

Map Selectors Shirasaka Koume _YuriNee

Map Testers mniminwoo Aeril

Graphics Designer Trigonoculus

Contact me if you wish to be a part of the staff. We are looking for more referees, streamers, and commentators. Also looking for more European/Asian timezone staff
Topic Starter
mniminwoo
Changelog

1. 3/6 - Updated staff listing
  2. 3/6 - A chosen player that has not yet played maybe now be exchanged with a substitute
  3. 3/23 - Prizes updated
  4. 3/23 - Schedule updated to fit a 16 player tournament
  5. 3/23 - Updated staff listing
Mancis
at least digitalhypno and friends won't get another badge
Topic Starter
mniminwoo

Mancis wrote:

This is not the place to flame someone, especially if it isn't related to the tournament itself
Yumbtah

Mancis wrote:

stop crying lmao
Mancis
i'm zen right now
i feel no emotions

also I dont think I'm attacking anyone here so plz stop attacking me or I will report to the police
Weed
pokemon osu tournament?
ncuh
looking for a team. 8700pp, dt/hr/fm player mainly utc +10
Topic Starter
mniminwoo

Weed wrote:

pokemon osu tournament?
No you can't commentate
Weed
i just got supporter again plz let me commentate my mans..
Loslite
Sinaeb
Team Name: :Thonking:
Timezone: UTC - 4

Players:
Sinaeb (Captain)
Mahloola
Vetium
Arsene
KillerBee
Kasumii-sama
Johunser