forum

[Archived] Osu! not 'processing' my maps and auto 'updates' by itself.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MadHat-
Problem Details:
Okay, somehow my problem started last 3 days ago. At the first day, I opened Osu! but instead of the usual welcome greeting I was met by a "installing updates" window. I thought that it's just the usual updates but 3 days have passed and there's still no progress whatsoever in this so-called 'update'. I checked the forum if anyone has the same problem so that I can solve my problem but I guess there's non. I even tried uninstalling Osu! (rip my precious beatmaps~ *cri*) but to no avail it's still the same old problem. I once again tried, hoping for 'progress' and finally the game started up BUT whenever i tried to log in, i get kicked out from the game and it'll show me the "installing updates" window. I tried waiting again and once again the game started up but this time I tried adding beatmaps from 5 maps up to 200 maps (I have back-up beatmaps in case this happens~ :D ) yet it showed me that I HAVE no beatmaps and try downloading some. Kinda frustrating~ but I hope I explained my problem cause I really miss playing :(

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Death
Kind of unclear where you are stuck. Are you still having issues with the installer or have you been able to proceed past the installer and the current issue is your beatmaps not processing?

If you are stuck on the installer, please provide your "update.log" located in your osu!\Logs folder.

Otherwise, try disabling UAC, run the game as an administrator and in the options menu click "repair folder permissions"