forum

Fingers not responding

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
stupiz
I started playing osu!mania a week ago and I've been playing about a few hours a day.

Lately my left ring finger and pinky finger curl up really tight into my hand and my fingers in my left hand become less responsive.

It used to be a small problem but now anytime I play a fast map with many consecutive keypresses my left hand just stops responding and just starting doing random presses and my hit accuracy suffers.

Can anyone diagnose this or help me?
I've tried stretching my ring finger and middle finger but it doesn't seem to work long-term
Yyorshire
I'm afraid you only have a month left to live.

Make the most of it.

on a more serious note take a break from playing and see if that helps
abraker
Tech support here

Have you tried turning it off and then on?
[TAS]
lol alright I will give you a serious answer since these guys wont :P

Get used to it. Its normal for your fingers to curl especially if you're playing harder songs. As for your hand not responding to what you want it to do, everyone's been there. In my experience that means one of three things.
1) Your hands are tired
2) You think you can read a certain map or pattern. But you actually cant fully grasp it yet and your hands wont respond accordingly.
3) You are about to get a skill boost because your hands can actually move faster then you think they can and this creates a sort of disruption between your hand eye coordination until you get used to how fast you can play again.

Basically play more. Its nothing that you cant fix if you do. :D
abraker

Shroudborn wrote:

1) Your hands are tired
2) You think you can read a certain map or pattern. But you actually cant fully grasp it yet and your hands wont respond accordingly.
3) You are about to get a skill boost because your hands can actually move faster then you think they can and this creates a sort of disruption between your hand eye coordination until you get used to how fast you can play again.
The correct answer is closest to number 2. He is unable to comprehend what is going on, and so he attempts to resolve that by forcing and ends up curling up and glitching his hand.
NightNarumi
Well, I still have the problem that my pinky curls up, I just ignore it :p. (It doesnt hurt or something so I guess its fine, because it was always like this)
[TAS]

abraker wrote:

Shroudborn wrote:

1) Your hands are tired
The correct answer is closest to number 2. He is unable to comprehend what is going on, and so he attempts to resolve that by forcing and ends up curling up and glitching his hand.
Don't really think there is a right answer mainly because everyone plays differently and everyone is different. Not to mention all the other factors.
Sandy Hoey
Have you tried updating drivers? Out of date soft are may lead to slow response time

Or call doctor if you need a hardware upgrade
Bobbias

Shroudborn wrote:

Don't really think there is a right answer mainly because everyone plays differently and everyone is different. Not to mention all the other factors.

Actually, tensing your muscles in response to a section you can't handle is EXTREMELY common. While you're correct that he could be making mistakes due to misreading things, considering he's only been playing a week, it could be that, or it could be what abraker's referring to. Many players do that without ever realizing that's what they're doing.
abraker

Bobbias wrote:

Shroudborn wrote:

Actually, tensing your muscles in response to a section you can't handle is EXTREMELY common. While you're correct that he could be making mistakes due to misreading things, considering he's only been playing a week, it could be that, or it could be what abraker's referring to. Many players do that without ever realizing that's what they're doing.
That he has been playing for a week is the give away. Say he played for a few years, then I would say some kind of habit/neurological condition similar to how I can get these phantom itches on my fingers during intense sections, causing me to itch against keytops.
[TAS]
Phantom itches sound very uncomfortable.
abraker

Shroudborn wrote:

Phantom itches sound very uncomfortable.
Think about itching
Suddenly you want to itch
Those are phantom itches
Tripletth
play 10k exclusively so no finger can curl up
-Squishy

Tripletth wrote:

play 10k exclusively so no finger can curl up
my toes start to curl up
abraker

-Squishy wrote:

Tripletth wrote: