forum

[Archived] Can't accept packs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GoldenRo
Problem Details:
I can download singular songs just fine, but whenever I download actual packs and place them into the songs folder they do not register. I restart the game and hit F5 but it doesn't seem to work :(

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Death
Beatmap packs should just be a rar file containing many osz files. Make sure you are extracting them into your Songs folder and not just placing the archive inside without doing anything else.
Topic Starter
GoldenRo
well what i have done is after i download them I place them into the songs file. Is that what I'm supposed to do?
Tanomoshii Nekojou

GoldenRo wrote:

well what i have done is after i download them I place them into the songs file. Is that what I'm supposed to do?
extract them using a rar extractor (like WinRAR), then place all .osz files in your Songs folder.
Death
After you download the file you will need to use a program capable of extracting the contents into the Songs folder. The most popular free program capable of doing so is probably WinRAR.

For example, using WinRAR, open the file you downloaded with it and you should see something like this:

Click on the "Extract To" button at the top and find your osu!\Songs folder. Once the files are inside the folder they should look like this:

After you get to this point you can hit F5 on the song selection screen in-game.
Topic Starter
GoldenRo
Thanks I'll try it!