forum

does HR make some maps impossible to FC?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
clayton
noob question, I'm not new to the gamemode but I don't play or map for it very often

just noticed as I was playing some maps yesterday that a few Rain difficulties don't have any HR full-combos (ex. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/902782). is there something about maps like these that make HR incredibly difficult/impossible, despite their low star rating? or are there just no top players that have tried to do it?
45Traeath
HR makes the objects smaller (CS increase), and makes them fall faster (AR increase). I think the platter's size is also lower when HR is turned on.
(OD and HP increase as well, but it's not relevant to the ability to catch them all. Maybe HP, but not to me.)

In some Maps, HR makes some patterns different, usually in the "harder" way. (Maybe this only applies to "Converted" ones, I've yet to see.)
Given how the player needs to have a better visual reaction and accuracy because of the two first points (especially the "size" part), when you see a pattern different from when you don't use HR, things can get pretty hectic (even "f***** up" to some).

So my short answer: when HR is active, either the "size" problem is too important, or answer B.
(EDIT: There's also the problem of possibly more H-Dash from the size reduction.)
Yostel
Size reduction creates more hyperdashes, but HR also creates some weird patterns that aren't in the no mod map.
Moreover, playing Ar10 at a low bpm is a pain in the ass.
Secre
Sometimes HR does make some maps impossible to fc. It has a tendency to move notes in certain ways that don't make sense, sometimes creating pixel jumps.
For the map you linked in particular, it's very possible to FC, its just that it is too long and not worth the time and effort that would need to be put in to fc it.