forum

[Archived] Lag since program update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chatmay
I can no longer play Osu! as of last update. Everything is lagging now.
I also tried the beta version, it is lagging too.
Please note I also updated Windows, so maybe it is a Windows problem?

osu! version: 20171227.1beta
Dntm8kmeeatu
Please try restarting your computer?
7SinsOfMusic
Same here. Updated windows, nividia drivers, and nothing seems to work. Osu! says it gets 8fps, but it does not even get passed a black screen with the introduction text at the bottom.
Topic Starter
Chatmay
yes, I have rebooted everything
Death
Could be the Windows update, but it's most likely something else. Try closing any programs you have running in the background that you don't need to have open for your computer to function properly.

Could also be a graphics driver issue. Consider updating or reinstalling them.
Chaos234
Even with a fresh started PC I got the same experience. 10+ hangs in every map, even if easy or extreme which is indeed anoying!

I have checked the option if I get those problems but it does not helped. Have 240 fps but this value shrinks often down to 158 for
a micro secound which can't be. And on top of this it happends on HDD, Hybrid-HDD, SSD and also on NVMe which is directly impossible
if we only look on the speed between them.

Drivers and Win10 is compleatly uptodate so I think smth. from windows is causing this shitty behavior which is ... like every time ... to
fix by our dev ... sadly but this is because windows does not take care about such things even reported on mass. They only want there money
and there approved "games for windows" are working, all other thing are uninteresting like the fact, tha you can't upgrade windows with an
NVMe from samsung because MS is to stupied to take care of them ... result is BSOD after reboot with definitly corrupted windows *sadface*

I hope that a solution could be find, maybe pre-load the hole map into the PCs RAM before starting it so that any HDD/SSD/NVMe activity is
stoped as far as possible. Should improve performence incl. maps with high-res video.

To bad that this happends just rigth now but I think it gets resolved soon :)
7SinsOfMusic
For some odd reason my computer decided to enter power saving mode when it osu updated. After switching the setting on my computer to balanced mode everything went back to normal and i get 300+ fps.