forum

[Archived] Osu crashes whenever I try to open and edit any map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Halthi
Problem Details:

When I try to click on a map to edit (after clicking the edit tab in the menu), it could be any map that I have installed, it just crashes.
As usual, the screen turns black when you are about to edit a map (this is the transitioning screen after you click on a map to edit).

But then a Windows message shows up saying that Osu has stopped working while it loads (reporting the problem to Microsoft) and try to figure out the situation. After a second has passed, it tells me that it has currently stopped and lets me know that I need to close the program; it just leads me to say that it crashed.

Ever since I updated to a new version (or so I think since I haven't played for a while, making me know if I already passed another new version), this just came up. And this isn't a first-time problem because it will happen if I so edit.

Playing any maps works although.

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Death
Restart your computer.

Hold shift the next time your start osu!. Keep shift held until a configuration window pops up and select "repair osu!"

If you are still crashing, please follow this guide to get the log from your event viewer and paste the contents here.
Topic Starter
Halthi
Still crashed when I tried to repair osu!
But these are the crash logs from trying to edit a map

Application Error:
osu!.exe
5a43163b
System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll
59b8360c
c0000096
00159f00
e2c
01d381c8e7e71e04
C:\Users\kdain\AppData\Local\osu!\osu!.exe
C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\System.Windows.Forms\e2f35e8185ae6e89d1676ebc7c675cd5\System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll
2c7366ed-5c69-4146-9150-9758502ec867

.NET Runtime:
Application: osu!.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException