forum

[Archived] Mouse Lag/Delay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seiko20
Problem Details: The Mouse Has Alot Of Lag... I have Watched Alot Of Video's before on how to fix the "lag"...

I once ran the game at compatibility mode (was just curious) and then the mouse delay/lag started happening...
at first, my game would just crash after I pressed compatibility mode (when the game was launching, and a crash appeared.
and after that I disabled the combatibility mode in the osu!.config file (put it to 0 which disabled the compatibility mode and after that there was problems[profile]Please Give Me a Fix I want to play OSU AGAIN ! ♥ ♥ ♥

https://imgur.com/a/wpnPt

osu! version: 20171225.2 (latest)
Death

Seiko20 wrote:

after that I disabled the combatibility mode in the osu!.config file (put it to 0 which disabled the compatibility mode and after that there was problems...

The ordering of your post is a bit hard to follow. So let me clarify to make sure I am understanding correctly.

You enabled compatibility mode, then started crashing. You disabled compatibility mode, and now are experiencing lag?

Or were you experiencing lag before enabling compatibility mode?

Either way, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and restart your computer. Next time you start osu!, make sure there are no other programs running in the background.
Topic Starter
Seiko20
I wasn't experiencing any lag issues before, I used to get around 2 ms in the main menu, in game around 0,40~
after enabling compatibility mode my game started crashing, so I downloaded the driver it said I needed to run in compatibility.
after installing "OpenGL" my osu started lagging like crazy,

FPS:
Before: 240 (constantly)
After: 120 (constantly)

Input (MS):
Before: 2ms
After: 17ms
Death
OpenGL isn't something you just "install." OpenGL drivers are part of your graphics drivers. If you haven't reinstalled them already, I would do so. Crashing just by switching to compatibility mode really shouldn't happen.

I'm confused as to what you downloaded, what were you told to download and what told you to download it?

That ms value also is not input lag, it's your frame time. Having a 17ms frame time means you are getting around 60FPS. Do you have VSync enabled in game or in your graphics drivers? That's something to check.
Topic Starter
Seiko20
i'm gonna post this ( this isn't probably going to help )

https://gyazo.com/9f45194aaf7a3aa205bbc54b72868755