forum

[Archived] Constant frame drops which stay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
akitoApocalypse
Problem Details: Started today, my fps would move from 240 and then fall to 60 and then stay there. Sometimes, it would go down to 140 or 100, hover there for a bit, then fall down to 60. The frame response time (or whatever that is on the bottom right) consequently moves from 4-17ms even during play.

For reference, I'm using the intel 620 integrated graphics.

Other details:
-Game starts initially at 240 and 4 (normal) but after either:

a) switching maps through f2 or otherwise, or
b) waiting for a little bit

the framerate would revert to its previous 60 state.
-I'm sure my computer can handle it, osu! was working perfectly fine until a few days ago, could be driver issues?
-I attempted playing from a two-month backup, same issue.
-I attempted to repair osu, same issue remains.
-Not sure if it's related, but f5 would be literally instant, versus the one-two second window for each song. I have many songs.
-It should be noted that I had a huge windows update, but even after the huge update the problem still persists; I don't recall updating my computer for even a week before the issue, because i would always "snooze" the updates until then.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

N/A

osu! version: 20171215.2 (latest)
[I believe so]
Topic Starter
akitoApocalypse
Follow-up: Compatibility mode seems to "fix" the problem, but my framerate is 200 instead of 240, and my game worked perfectly fine before.

And, well, it reduces performance and increases input lag too, so not too great, I guess.
Death
Please try updating or reinstalling your graphics drivers.