forum

[Archived] Lag spike issue (recent)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dorsalplum
Problem Details:I am having constant lag spikes randomly one day i updated my windows 10 and i keep having these lag spikes i have looked up multiple ways on how to fix this none of them worked my drivers are up to date i went between stable version of osu to cutting edge and it still hasen't fixed anything the spikes could last up to 3 seconds long each but is uncommon

I have reinstalled osu! and i'm still having the same issue

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171206cuttingedge
Death
Restart your computer if you have not already.

Make sure you have nothing else running in the background. Sometimes antivirus can also cause lag if it is scanning files in the background.

A seemingly similar issue was also recently resolved here: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/674534?start=6400669
Topic Starter
dorsalplum
I have restarted my pc and im still having this issue all i have is discord and google open and ive tried closing all background apps and still have same issue this issue started when my windows updated
Topic Starter
dorsalplum
Could you help me resolve my issue?
Death
Did you view the thread I linked and attempt what was inside? You only mentioned restarting your computer and closing background programs.

Inside it links to this: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/485922?start=5379359
That could potentially solve your issue as the conditions are very similar.

If that does not work, please check your antivirus to make sure it is not scanning anything. Check to see if your computer is still trying to download or install Windows or driver updates in the background. Slideshow desktop backgrounds can sometimes cause lag spikes when they are changing. Also check your power settings if you are on a laptop. Definitely plug it in if it isn't already.

If you are still having issues, try performing a clean install of your graphics drivers, instead of only checking to see if they are up to date. Uninstall your graphics drivers completely with a program like Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstall them directly from the manufacturer's website.
Topic Starter
dorsalplum
The possible solution did not help at all i have no other idea on why this lagging is happening i know its not my specs/hardware because i ran the game completely fine before windows update all my drivers are up to date and my pc is set for high performance :!: fyi this is the only game that im having any sort of lag issue so i don't think its my display drvers its constant frame drops and high input lantency