forum

[Archived] Mac/OSX Not Working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
orians
Today, I attempted to restart osu! using the restart button on the bottom of the screen. I wouldn't have done this had I known it would completely break the game.
The game attempted to restart itself but said it had an error. I forgot to screenshot exactly what the game said, but I think it had something to do with runtime.
I just decided to redownload the entire game to see if that would resolve the issue. I think this made my problem worse. The updater began. It got to an update that I can only remember having the word discord in it. The updater repeatedly tried to install this update. It would hit 100% and then redo the update. It did this at least 10 times.
I finally clicked the help button in the updater and was met with a box telling me that an
Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
DDE failure
(it wasn't actually a code however)
It gave me a bunch of details that I copied and pasted somewhere. I'm not sure if they're necessary to have, but I kept them to be safe.
I know most people don't run on Mac, but it's the only system I have that will run osu! well enough to play.

Thanks!
wabkia
this is exactly the issue im experiencing, fresh install :( tried once just downloading alpha release from tumblr, the second time i followed instructions on github and downloaded the latest release, renamed it osu!.exe, and placed it in osu!.app/drive_c/osu!. both methods made it so update flashes to 100% then restarts.
Jeni-Desu
It happens to me a couple of times...
always check the version when updating

If you have stable latest, and it told you Stable Fallback is downloading
DON'T click restart, just change it back to latest