forum

[Archived] Serious issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SlightlyPsycho0
Problem Details:

I downloaded Notch Hell and opened the file as usual when downloading beatmaps. Osu told me it had an update and rather unfortunately didn't give me the option to cancel it. After the "update" osu told me something about my beatmaps was corrupt or something...? I didn't read it too well because I've had corrupted beatmaps in the past once and it resolved itself. I closed the dialogue box... and then the problems really started. Osu occupied only the top-left 1/6th of my screen, and while i could see my desktop in the other 5/6ths i could not click anything. I took a look at what i could see of osu (this was the bottom left corner of the normal osu screen) and... the game had logged me out despite being set not to, the background was entirely white, and just behind the back button the date of the game said 2015. I tabbed out and closed the game, restarting it in the hopes that at least the position would be fixed. Instead, osu decided to black out the other 5/6ths of the screen, still remaining logged out and in a 2015 version. Osu was working fine this morning and nothing had been changed since aside from me trying to open Notch Hell.

(EDIT - The game also complained that my graphics driver didn't support something. It has always worked in the past and it doesn't explain half of the issues here.)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

i hope a discord link is sufficient? https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest) - except it decided to update backwards to one of the 2015 versions?
Death
Update your graphics drivers and restart your computer.

After you restart, hold shift before starting osu! until a recovery dialog pops up and make sure you are using the Stable(Latest) release stream before hitting "start osu!"