forum

[resolved] Client "Updated" and now my game is broken

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DiceSA
I don't really know how else to explain what is happening so I will just post a screenshot of what I see.
All I did was close Osu! and relaunch it a few seconds later and suddenly it started updating. Then it asked me about the shaders for some reason, I don't remember what the text box said, but I clicked continue and then my game opened like this. It's not visible in screenshot but it is flickering and flashing constantly with enough bright lights to give a blind person an epileptic fit.

What do?
Death
Navigate to your osu! folder (default path is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!) and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg" with notepad. Make sure the lines "Shaders" and "BloomSoftening" equal 0. Save the file.

Hold shift the next time you start osu! until a configuration window pops up and make sure you have Stable(Latest) selected as your Release Stream.
Topic Starter
DiceSA
I went to the file but Shaders and Bloomsoftening were already set to 0. When I launch the game with Shift held I can't tell if its doing anything because it gives me the same glitchy result.

Edit: I don't know why but after doing a full restart, holding shift actually opened the window you talked about, even though it didnt before, it seems to be working ok now. Thank you for the help ^^