forum

[Archived] My Osu! lags every 5-10 seconds (after windows 10 update)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
M e t s u b o u
Problem Details:
I made Windows 10 update 2 days ago and then it started.
My Osu! lags every 5-10 seconds only for a while, fps doesnt drop but it have lag
I tried anything compatilibity mode, another resolution, letterboxing, playing in window, reduce frames. reinstalling and couple other things.

My PC specs:
Gtx 1060 6gb
Ryzen 5 1600
Ram 2x8gb ripjaws 3000mhz ddr4

osu! version: i tried those at every version and nothing worked
Dedot
i think the problem is not from the osu, but from the windows

so, maybe you should try to update to the previous windows version
Topic Starter
M e t s u b o u
Thing is that i cant do it, Windows deleted old build files and all i can do to recovery is reinstall windows from start so i think i will wait for some windows updates and just pray
Topic Starter
M e t s u b o u
UPDATE: Osu! works without stuttering only with compatilibity mode on experimental version
problem is that with compatilibity mode i have 17ms of input lag and only 60fps max (i have unlimited) so its unplayable
Death
Please try completely uninstalling your graphics drivers with a utility like Display Driver Uninstaller, and reinstal them from NVIDIA's website.
Topic Starter
M e t s u b o u

Death wrote:

Please try completely uninstalling your graphics drivers with a utility like Display Driver Uninstaller, and reinstal them from NVIDIA's website.
I did reinstalled my graphic drivers.
Now i open osu it works ok but i just open obs and osu starts to stutter very hard.
I wanted to stream and i cant cause i ONLY OPEN OBS i dont have even to start stream and osu starts stuttering.
I tried to reinstall obs and it didint worked. (i reinstalled osu 2 times too)
Then even if ill close obs it will still stutter, i have to restart my pc to go back to no lags.
ScepticalPoem
I updated my windows earlier this week, and my nvidia driver today, and now osu is unplayable for me because of a input lag spike around every second. I also have the obs issues Akabayashii mentioned.

Edit: It became unplayable after nvidia update. Some says that the new w10 update combined with the new nvidia driver fucks up games but I cant confirm this.
Zantetsuken
Its both from windows 10 and nvidia drivers:

• I disabled nvidia card from device manager, making integrated graphics to handle osu and stutters are gone 80% of the time.
  • Using integrated graphics with nvidia card enabled makes stuttering occur frequently
  • Using nvidia card makes the game unplayable atleast for me.
You could just follow this thread and notice you're not the only one, and this is not the only game having issues
Topic Starter
M e t s u b o u

Zantetsuk3n wrote:

• I disabled nvidia card from device manager, making integrated graphics to handle osu and stutters are gone 80% of the time.
  • Using integrated graphics with nvidia card enabled makes stuttering occur frequently
  • Using nvidia card makes the game unplayable atleast for me.
You could just follow this thread and notice you're not the only one, and this is not the only game having issues
Nothing from this thread helped me. (i cant reinstall my windows from start)
Uhh.....
Zantetsuken

Akabayashii wrote:

Zantetsuk3n wrote:

Nothing from this thread helped me. (i cant reinstall my windows from start)
Uhh.....
Of course not, no fix nor workaround has been deployed by microsoft/nvidia as of today

You can try all the optimizing guides in the internet, take the help from the people in this forum, make a clean installation, you won't get your problems fixed with w10 16299.98 and latest nvidia drivers 388.59, these are broken, solution right now is rolling back to a previous version of windows and getting older graphic drivers and wait for microsoft to fix w10, until then there's nothing you can do, its not your hardware, its just w10
Topic Starter
M e t s u b o u
Maybe i can uninstall my NEW graphic drivers and install OLD ones?
Topic Starter
M e t s u b o u
RESOLVED THE PROBLEM FROM HERE: t/485922/start=0
Topic Starter
M e t s u b o u

Akabayashii wrote:

RESOLVED THE PROBLEM FROM HERE: t/485922/start=0
It helped for like couple hours now it came back...
Topic Starter
M e t s u b o u
I have a very big thing that can help: https://imgur.com/a/Uoc58
this happens when it stutters
-Marin
About the obs lagg thingy...

Go to nvidia geforce experience
Go to your settings and then disable in-game overlay.

At least that worked for me. By the way sorry for the late reply.
About the in general lag spikes, I have no idea how to fix them and I have also some problems with them.
Lento_uwu
i have the same problem, and it's fixed after i rolled back to the previous version of windows