forum

[Archived] My osu! client is stuttering very long.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Osuology
Problem Details:
It stutters in groups of stutters and breaks (in other words, for a while it won't stutter at all, then all of a sudden I get 500-1500 ms stutters for at least 5 minutes.), I have tried multiple osu clients (cutting edge, stable (latest), stable (fallback)), logging out and in, relaunching, restarting, disabling raw input, turning on fps stutter fix, compatibility mode. This could be unrelated, but if I don't move my cursor at all, the stutters go away. (I have tried mouse and tablet, both do it regardless of raw input or any other tablet/mouse options I have tried.)

EDIT: I forgot to say this, but only the video and ingame logic freezes. NONE of the audio stutters at all. Also, windows 10 w/ creators update.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: I couldn't get it to happen on video. I will try more and edit if I can get footage.

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Andraxy
try disabling g-sync and threaded optimisation
Topic Starter
Osuology

Andraxy wrote:

try disabling g-sync and threaded optimisation
My monitor isn't g-sync, it's 144hz 1080p. Also I don't see options of those in osu.
Death
Try closing all other programs you have running in the background. If something is not needed for your computer to function properly, close it. Antivirus scans are known to cause lag, disable this at your own risk and remember to re-enable it immediately when you have determined whether or not it is the culprit.
Topic Starter
Osuology

Death wrote:

Try closing all other programs you have running in the background. If something is not needed for your computer to function properly, close it. Antivirus scans are known to cause lag, disable this at your own risk and remember to re-enable it immediately when you have determined whether or not it is the culprit.
I've tried various programs (not all yet, I've been busy IRL) and nothing changed. Antivirus off also didn't change anything. Also I have determined that the lag is gone while recording with OBS (legit, like idk why at all but it's true. It's unplayable (ie I'll die within first ten seconds of playing without recording) and as soon as I start OBS, all stutters gone can finish 20 minute map if I wanted to.)
M e t s u b o u
I have same problem with obs (after win10 update) i wrote about it on forum but no one helped me for time
Topic Starter
Osuology
Sorry to bump, but this is still happening, and it's even worse in editor I found as well.
M e t s u b o u
for me too
Topic Starter
Osuology
Update: I can literally no longer play the game. OBS makes the stutters smaller but all the time. Only input and visuals lag, audio doesn't, and the input and video will skip to sync with the audio. Help please... I just wanna play osu :(