forum

[Inherit Points] Combo Color-Samplesets

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
Jenny
Hi there,

I just had this idea of increasing the amount of combo colors, but regulating those to specific sections - meaning: Set multiple combo color-samplesets via inherit point.
To explain: There are many maps using specific colors for a specific part, but there's that 5-color-limit, so they have to sort others out, which would (maybe) be quite fitting though - allowing multiple color-samplesets, regulated via inherit would also help compilation- and marathonmaps pretty much I guess, since those include many songs and it's hard to find some colors fitting every song or at least most.

In hope you got what I tried to explain and in shame of my english which pretty much sucks at the moment - greetings.
Kitsunemimi
Nice idea, but in my opinion this would make things WAY too complicated. The combo colours menu would have to be integrated with the timing panel, and all this other madness would occur, not to mention it wouldn't be intuitive at all for anyone who's not planning to use this, which is most likely a vast majority.

It's probably possible to simply hack the .osu (you might not even have to hack the specific combo colours on new combos, just add in extra colours), but that would be quite a hassle now wouldn't it?
mm201
No. I want to put less stuff on timing points, not more.
The current limit of 8 should be enough for most purposes, including 2 complete rotations of 4 colours. If you really need more, please provide an example and I may bump the internal limit for .osu hax.
Soaprman
^ He means 8 as of the next release by the way. In the public build it's still 5.

I have one map that could use extending the limit well past 8... to something like 26. The song is a long medley of many characters' theme songs, and each character has an associated color. Thought it would be nice if each character's section has a matching pair of combo colors (a light and dark version to alternate between). It's not necessary by any stretch but it would be a very nice touch to the people who get what's going on (and maybe even to those who don't).

Definitely no need to put capability for something like that in the GUI. An .osu hack would be good enough.