forum

Leaderboard for unranked map is now possible

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Odin ]
Hello all, christopher-dG ( github name, Slow Twitch in osu ) uploaded [unnoticed].
There's also a Discord server to discuss.

What is it ? Unnoticed is a simple program/script to display leaderboards on the osu website

How to use it ?

You'll need to download :

- Tapermonkey ( to run the script ) Chrome, Firefox, Opera Next, Edge or Safari

- unnoticed ( to scan the score.db and upload all your scores and monitor new scores and push them automatically ) Windows 32bits, Windows 64bits, Mac 32bits, Mac 64bits, Linux 32bits or Linux 64bits

Now, you can install the script here and enjoy unranked leaderboards !

If you want more infos, you can see the github note here.

Warning !

If your osu folder is not in default location, you'll want to change the variable, see here.

Updates

1. Changelog v1.0.1

1. Nothing, except that desktop notifications have been disabled. You won't see the error message about growlnotify not being installed anymore.
  2. Changelog v1.1.0

1. A fix for MacOS users (see issue #9, commit ffa0448, and the wiki section for more information)
      That's it. If you're not on MacOS and you already have v1.0.1, there's no need to download this one.
  3. Changelog v1.2.0

1. The old osu-scan and osu-watch have been replaced by a single program: unnoticed. It behaves like osu-scan, by immediately uploading your scores at the beginning, and then instead of exiting, it takes on the behaviour of osu-watch, waiting for new scores and uploading them in a loop.
  4. Changelog v1.2.1

1. Not much, just some updated error messages that make it easier for me to debug things. I don't have any work to do on the client in the immediate future so I might as well get the latest changes out.

New : [unnoticed] are now compatible with the new site !
Kasumi-sama
owo sum good shit right there
Fareweell_
Des que je l'ai vu j'ai installé, le concept est franchement super sympa, merci de faire tourner l'info ;P
kasky21 daccu
i can die in peace now
E m i
WOW BEST THING EVER TO EXIST EVER
Topic Starter
[ Odin ]
Update version and add Changelog for 1.0.1 and 1.1.0
Endie-
Cool! I'll be looking into this...
Mio Winter
Whoa! That's amazing. I think unranked maps shouldn't have official leaderboards, so that mappers are incentivised to improve their maps enough to get leaderboards through Loved or Ranked. But I still think it's great to have this cumbersome way of giving leaderboards to unranked maps. It preserves mappers' incentive (because only a few will use this program) while still giving the benefit of leaderboards for the players who are most interested in it. : D

Edit: This is super duper amazing! Thanks!
Topic Starter
[ Odin ]
Yeah, this really amazing, but is new, and few people have it.. If you can, talk to your friends for have it too !
Slow Twitch
Hi guys, Chris here -- author of that software.

I'm glad that this is getting some nice reception!

The reason I didn't make my own post already is that I wanted to keep this as separate from the official osu! channels as possible for a while, basically until I knew exactly how I wanted to promote it. I haven't spoken to peppy about this, and while I'm pretty sure that this doesn't break any official rules, you can imagine this having a possible negative effect on the mapping ecosystem for the reasons that you were raised above. So let me just make this extra clear:

1. These leaderboards are fundamentally less good than the official ones: unranked maps can change at any time and scores become outdated, also scores can much more easily not be legit
  2. By no means should you stop encouraging your favourite mappers to try to rank stuff

So basically what I'm saying is don't put too much weight into this, it's by no means a replacement for anything that peppy has created.

In any case, thanks for checking it out :^) There's also a Discord server to discuss here.
_Streamy_
Pretty amazing sript, good work by the creator!
Thirty30
Looks pretty nice
zeplic

I don't imagine i did anything wrong, but i dont think it's working right for me
Slow Twitch

zeplic wrote:

I don't imagine i did anything wrong, but i dont think it's working right for me

Can you upload your log file (C:/Users/z/AppData/Local/Temp/unnoticed.log), scores.db and osu!.db for me?

I added you on Discord, feel free to message me there.
zeplic

Slow Twitch wrote:

zeplic wrote:

Can you upload your log file (C:/Users/z/AppData/Local/Temp/unnoticed.log), scores.db and osu!.db for me?

couldn't paste it into paste bin for whatever reason

https://dropfile.to/bTaW9aM
Kondou-Shinichi
fucking cool idea, imagine if more ppl use this
Topic Starter
[ Odin ]
It's new, just wait other people know this
Dez_old_1
This is a really cool concept! I hope it catches on!
Topic Starter
[ Odin ]
Update : Unnoticed are now compatible with the new site !
koemada
this is really cool lmao
show more